3,914 results
All reviews beautiful hotel boscolo hotel autograph collection ny cafe upgraded to a junior suite steam room the river five star hotel breakfast is served spa facilities sparkling wine hop on hop reception area long weekend jewish quarter breakfast room metro station
Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

Lovely hotel and bar.
The bar has lovely architecture and painted ceilings.
Lovely ambience. Lovely breakfast.
Great swift check in and check out. Great staff, very discreet and very helpful. They ordered a private driver to bring us to the airport.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank David K
Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for a three night break in Budapest and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Having seen the photographs of the hotel, wondered if it would be as amazing as it looked and I can honestly say it is. The rooms are spacious and incredibly tastefully decorated, the only thing I will point out as one other lady has already, is that as a Brit I was disappointed in finding the hotel does not provide in room tea and coffee facilities. A very small price to pay for such wonderful surroundings and even more importantly, absolutely fantastic customer service. The ambience in the bar and restaurant is made extra special by the presence of the pianist and the staff are incredibly friendly and attentive. Breakfast is second to none , with a huge variety of good quality foods and the added plus of offering all types of tea,coffee and hot chocolate all made to the restaurant standard rather than out of a machine. Placed in an ideal situation for everything in walking distance. Fabulous fabulous place and wouldn't hesitate to recommend a stay here, I would return tomorrow without question.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at New York Palace Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2015

Dear Valued Guest ’HantsTraveller22’,

Thank you very much for your great response about your recent visit at the Boscolo Budapest!

I am glad to read all about your great experience, both at the hotel, and at the New York Coffeehouse. It is always a pleasure when we can even exceed the expectations.
Your suggestions are highly appreciated regarding the in-room tea and coffee facilities.
Let me kindly inform you that upon request we are happy to provide it on a complementary base.

We will be happy to welcome you back whenever your travel brings you back to Budapest!

Kind regards,

Kinga Engelbrecht – General Manager

Reviewed 11 November 2015

The hotel is is wonderfully restored, the rooms are well decorated and spacious.The staff is very helpful and curious and the best part of the hotel is the world famous New York cafe where we had a great lunch and tea with delicious pastries.

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed 11 November 2015 via mobile

Lovely hotel.. Beautiful rooms, if only the 5 of us could have been located nearer to one another. We were all on the same floor, but one couple were in the refurbished building and actually had to take a different lift!! On booking we had made the aforementioned request and when we arrived, we
were told by the receptionist that if we had arrived earlier she could have granted our request but at that time the rooms were all full!!!!

were all booked out!!!! So whoever had looked at the booking

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at New York Palace Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2015

Dear Valued Guest ’happytraveller759’,

At first, let me thank you for your rating on the Boscolo Budapest! I am happy to see that you were amazed with the hotel’s building and rooms.

Although, please accept my apology for the inconveniences in regards to the not perfect execution of the request about the rooms’ locations. We always try to do our best to satisfy all of the guest wishes. However, we have fallen short of this goal in your case.

I still trust that you keep beautiful memories in your mind about your recent stay with us. Hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Kind regards,
Kinga Engelbrecht – General Manager

Reviewed 10 November 2015

We have just got back from a 3 night stay at this stunning hotel. I was expecting luxury from all the pictures and reviews and it's even better when you get there! We ate in the New York Café on our first evening and the meal was lovely, then into the piano bar for a few drinks afterwards looking down over the café and restaurant listening to the wonderful piano player. The breakfasts are the best I've had, there is even smoked salmon and champagne, as well as freshly cooked omelettes plus the usual scrambled eggs, bacon, vegetables, cereal, fresh fruit etc etc. I agree with a previous comment about the disappointment of not having tea and coffee facilities in the room but there was always room service or the mini bar to choose from! On the last evening we ate in the hotels restaurant for a "fine dining" experience! BOSCOLO - YOU NEED TO ADVERTISE THIS IN THE ROOMS! There was no information in the rooms with regards to this wonderful gem or a restaurant and I only came across it on the website. The food was amazing, the staff superb and I highly recommend this for the experience. Also, the hotel could do with a little more information on the city, some maps and info on the metro (which is just round the corner but is easily missed if you dont know what you are looking for) and hop on hop off buses - of which there is a bus stop just outside the hotel again if you know what you are looking for. On the whole this is the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed in, I recommend it 100% and if I ever return to Budapest it will be the only hotel that I book as I don't need to look any further!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple