NH Budapest City(Budapest)
US$141
US$123
US$119
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

US$127
Novotel
US$306
Cancelon
3,816 results
All reviewsboscolo budapestbeautiful hotelautograph collectionny cafeupgraded to a junior suitestar hotelsteam roomthe riverbreakfast is servedspa facilitiessparkling winehop on hopreception arealong weekendbreakfast roomjewish quartervisiting budapest
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My wife and I and two couples spent five nights at this hotel. It is a former bank and/or converted office building. It is a work-in-progress for Marriott (no fridge in our room until we asked for one to be installed). While a beautiful structure, entering it is daunting: eighteen vey vertical steps to the lobby. This won't work for anyone with mobility issues. And, pity the bellman who have no option other than lugging luggage up and down.
Everything about the hotel is ok, we considered it a good value, fairly close to everything. It is much cheaper than the Prague Marriott.

Room Tip: We only saw our room which was quiet and comfortable
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rwoavon
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at New York Palace, DA, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Dear Valued Guest 'rwoavon',

Thank you very much for your staying with us. It's nice to see that you consider Boscolo Budapest member of the Marriott Autograph Collection. As you mentioned our lovely property used to be the head office of the New York Insurance Company. You are right that there are some steps to take to reach the lobby but for our guests with mobility issues we operate elevators also.
I'm happy to see that you had a nice and comfortable room and I hope we will have the option to welcome you back.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

My husband and i have just returned from a 3 night stay in this amazing hotel. It was our 1st time in Budapest and we loved every minute of it. Hotel is breathtaking in it's splendour and history. We stayed in a deluxe room on the 5th floor. View over the rooftops was a nice touch. Room was HUGE, bed MASSIVE and so comfy. Towels changed daily and room cleaned daily, chocolates on pillow every night too. We has coffee in New York cafe once, tepid,tiny and expensive, £8 for two coffees. Most places near by do same coffees for £3, appreciate you are paying for grand surroundings though. Breakfast was ok, not 5 star standard. Small selection of cereals,bread, cheese and cold meats.There was bacon, hotdog type sausages and cold hard boiled eggs. No egg station like you normally find in 5 star hotels. We were on b&b basis, if not there was a cafe next door that did coffee and pastries for pennies. Hop on off bus stop right outside hotel which was very handy. 10 min walk in any direction to lots of beautiful sights. Really enjoyed our stay here, Marton on reception was very helpful and gave good advice on places worth visiting and restaurants. Would return to this hotel without hesitation.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms on 5th floor are lovely
1  Thank wblackjoiner
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at New York Palace, DA, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Dear Valued Guest "wblackjoiner",

Thank you very much for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest and thank you very much for your precious time spent on sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com.
I'm delighted to see that overall you had a great time with us and it's really nice to see that we could be at your assistance with helpful tips.
It's my pleasure to see that our room with it's comfortable bed provided you the ideal place to relax and I appreciate your feedback regarding our breakfast also.

Certainly we would be glad to welcome you back anytime should your plans bring you to Budapest again.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

I am traveling a fair bit and have seen my share of luxury hotels; this is one of my favorites. We stayed at the Boscolo for 4 nights at an outstanding rate and they treated us very well. From check-in to check-out we felt like at home. Check-in was nothing but smooth and we got a nice upgrade to a junior suite (this hotel clearly recognizes Marriott Elite status!). The hotel was in great condition and everything was super clean. Our room in the 5th floor was HUGE and the size of the bathroom alone exceeded what most hotels consider a room. The bed was very comfortable and we enjoyed the Nespresso machine for a quick mid day cup of coffee. Breakfast buffet was nice with homemade jam and a lot of delicious offerings. Staff was always very friendly and I can't really understand why others are reporting issues. There is absolutely nothing bad I can say about this hotel and we will definitely choose to stay here again next time we are in Budapest.

Dear Valued Guest "cfischer",

Thank you very much for your kind feedback regarding your stay with us at Boscolo Budapest. I do appreciate your kind comment and I'm delighted to see that you could take advantage of our being a member of Marriott Autograph Collection.
I'm also glad to see that our staff exceeded your expectations and certainly it was our pleasure to have you staying with us.
We would be more than glad to welcome you back anytime should you return to Budapest.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Myself and my husband have just arrived back from a 4 night stay here it was lovely and we would highly recommend. I am a little confused at all the comments about the staff they were nothing but polite during our stay and always helpful in fact we witnessed a lot of guests being quite rude to them so quite the opposite! when they were greeting people they were being blanked. The room was huge and we were given fresh towels, you need to put the hanger on your door handle to advise the cleaning staff that you would like them to make up your room so maybe this is where people have not received towels

Close to bars and restaurants and there are bus tours that run right outside the front door

We had a problem with the safe on the second night however staff attended to the same straight away. There was plenty of choice for the buffet breakfast

I would definatley return here

2  Thank Laurajanes
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I really was shocked by the way how the reception dealt with me and the delays in services in case you ask for a towel or anything...

The receptionists do not smile and they deal with you like they are talking to a wall ... You come to check in and they look at you without welcoming you and wait for you to talk or they say what do you want....
It is indeed the worst 5 stars hotel all over the world

The carpet also has some dark spots dirty and smelly blankets

Room Tip: Stay in kempinski , meredian, four seasons, intercon or anything else surely will be better choice...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nasser Q

Dear Valued Guest "Nasser Q",

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us.
I'm sorry to see that the service you experienced did not live up to the expectations and I'd appreciate if we could discuss the issues you mention.
I do hope we can win your trust back and I believe we will be able to provide our service that will exceed your expectations.

Should I be at your assistance please feel free to contact me.