“Great hotel - hard to fault”

Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection
Ranked #26 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I was nervous that this hotel was going to be one of those that looked to good to be true in the photos on the website, but it really was that beautiful. Lovely staff, good spa, nice treatments. i saw some complaints about the glass bathrooms, but I thought they were ideal: maybe not if you want somewhere to stay with your mum, but they still allowed plenty of privacy while being very stylish, and the toilet itself is in a room with a door at the end of the bathroom, so not as exposed as i'd been worried about after reading!

The New York salon is closed until February, so we tried the New York Cafe, which served plenty of proper meals. Wouldnt recommend it, to be honest. They forgot one of my two courses, and the steak wasnt great, and the bill wasn't that cheap considering. But the Pinot Noir was good, and the service was attentive. Everyone in the hotel speaks perfect english. Etro bubblebath in the rooms was lovely!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sophie_RT
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear Valued Guest "Sophie_RT",

Thank you very much for your precious time spent on posting your kind feedback regarding your stay with us at Boscolo Budapest.
I'm delighted to see that you really found our property as stunning as it looks on the pictures. I'm also happy that our room design met your expectations and overall you had a nice stay with us. I'm sorry to see that our service at the New York Cafe did not live up to your expectations and I do hope we will have a chance to welcome you back to provide the improved service.

Reviewed 28 January 2012

Elegant building, top customer service
I have to say in advance that I stayed in a junior suite, courtesy of the conference organizers (I was a speaker): a junior suite substantially improves the overall experience.
The hotel is a completely renovated historical building and everything "smells" new. It's very classy and it makes you feel fine.
The gym & spa is extraordinary, maybe the best I've been at.
Most of all, customer service was superb and all staff were kind, helpful and knowledgeable.
Don't miss it.

Room Tip: I stayed at a junior suite: excellent!!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Sotiris11

Dear Valued Guest "BladeRunner11",

Thank you very much for your time spent on posting your kind comment regarding your stay at Boscolo Budapest. I'm delighted to see that you had a great experience with us and I'm also happy to see that you consider our hotel as one of the bests you've ever stayed in.
Should you have to chance to visit Budapest again we will be glad to welcome you back.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

One of the best hotels I have even been to in terms of class and service.
I was very surprised of the staff willingness to help in everything. All staff was very friendly and spoke all very good english
Reasonable prices and the rooms were very nice.
Strongly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank George H

Dear Valued Guest "George H",

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stay with us at Boscolo Budapest.
I'm glad to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I'm happy that our service exceeded your expectations.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

The Boscolo is just pure class - from the grand exterior to the staff & service, to the rooms & day spa. The centerpiece of course is the famous New York Cafe. I had a beautiful afternoon tea here & then an amazing fine dining dinner experience in the Salon area. It was divine & reasonably priced. The concierge and reception staff were so attentive & helpful. More than happy to recommend local restaurants & things to do, they helped me make the most of my stay. Only problem was that 3 days just wasn't enough! Budapest is an amazing city & my full experience & pics of the hotel can be viewed at http://trasteverecalling2011.wordpress.com/2011/12/08/a-roman-in-budapest/

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Mari_romana

Dear Valued Guest "Mari_romana",

Thank you very much for your precious time spent on posting your kind comment on Tripadvisor regarding your stay with us at Boscolo Budapest. I'm delighted to see that you had a great experience with us and I'm happy to see that you also enjoyed the really nice New York Cafe. I agree with you that 3 days are not enough to discover all the treasures of Budapest and certainly we would be glad to welcome you back anytime.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

Parts of this hotel definately have the wow factor the restraunt is stunning, not sure I've ever stayed in a hotel with a restraunt quite like it. My wife also commented that the Spa downstairs was pretty spectacular (although didn't see it myself). I would say based on this the rooms are a little disappointing and lack the same character, also a personal irritation of mine is having a double that's made up from two singles. Saying this the service was excellent, we did have to move rooms during our stay as there was an issue with the hot water, however they upgraded us to a suite as a way of compensation. The good thing was that they actaully decatived our key card so that we didn't find out about the issue ourselves in having a cold shower as we couldn't get into the room, which was clever.

The bar upstairs in the corner of the restraunt was a great little place to sit and have a drink, all in all a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple