“my Michelin stars go for it”
Review of Repeta Home Dining

Repeta Home Dining
Ranked #2,064 of 3,688 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$19 - US$38
Cuisines: European, Deli, Hungarian, Eastern European, Central European, Contemporary, International
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Neighbourhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Description: The apartment of my grandfather, its atmosphere remembering us the XXth century and my talent for cooking, these made Repeta Private Dining born. We use high quality fair trade materials. Tradition and modernity meets in our cooking philosophy, mixing flavours, wines, this brings us something new, something unrepetable.
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I went with 12 friends to Dani's flat restaurant for a dinner. It's in the center of Pest but a bit tricky to find the flat in the block. It's a cosy home but was not in use when I've been there. It was his grandfather's flat and you can see pictures of the family and hear stories of grandpa's amazing life.

Expect a proper dinner experience: I failed to count how many courses we had, maybe 7 or 8? The courses were just coming and coming with a surprisingly good timing, especially if you consider that Dani was the only one serving.. And he even had time to explain the meals, talk about the unique french salt he used, how to make the consume or telling market shopping tips.

And each dish was a fantastic piece of art. My Italian friend told that the food was better than he had in the Michelin starred restaurant in London a few weeks earlier. I can't agree more.

There is only one thing to be aware of: be careful with the wild garlic snaps if you go out afterwards :)

3  Thank P P