“You get what you pay for”
Review of City Hostel Corvin

City Hostel Corvin
Ranked #458 of 677 Speciality Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed 16 August 2016

Two of us stayed here for 5 nights as we were attending a festival in Budapest. The room had lots of long brown hair on the floor and in all of the bedding (we both have blonde hair..). The bathroom often did not have toilet roll in, however the staff at reception are useful, speak English well and are there 24/7. I provide an average, not a good review due to the system they use regarding your room key. You have to give them your key as you leave, and pick it up when you return. They do not check your name or ID when you pick your key up, so you could look over, see a key that is present, tell them the number and they will give it to you. It is not secure. We returned and were told that our key had already been given to the owner. After realising our passports were in the room, we searched the row of keys visible to the public, and found that ours had been placed in the wrong hook. This was a lucky save, but it was possible that other people had entered the room.

Room Tip: Bring a padlock for your bags as there is no safes in the rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 August 2016

+ good location near to the main rail station
+ fridge & internet
+ spacy rooms
- terrible smell in the "kitchen" with no equipment
- no toilet paper on the toilet
- fungus in the bathroom and rusted equipment
- look really dirty in overall

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

This hostel is located near a train station that is quite central and it's close to the Main train station, but the area during the day and at night is really sketchy and quite dangerous.
The rooms are spacious, as well as the bathroom and restroom, but they were a bit dirty: hair on the pillows and dirty on the stove.
The kitchen doesn't have kitchenware but you can get it from the reception, except for the fact they only have a small amount of items, so you can end up buying food and not being able to cook it.
Cheap but there are better options.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2016

Rooms on the photos are nice and clean but actually its dirty. We stayed there for 5 days and there is no cleaning! Bed linen don`t smell bad, but a lot of hairs on the pillows! When I asked a staff to change my bed linen, she sayed me that it`s clean and maybe woman made my bed leave some hairs! But i found a lot of blonde and black hairs. I know the hostel is very cheap but dirty floor and bathroom, and hairs on the bed looks disgusting! Don`t like that service definitely.
There is no soap, no cups or glass, no kettle, no towels, you will need to buy a towel for 5 euros. Very hot and stuffy, small window, no aircon of course, and even no fan! You can find a small fan on reception and you will need to pay for it 3 euros per day. I think it`s not a big deal to provide a fan for these rooms. I suppose you need to buy a toilet paper too, because I didn`t find it during last 2 days...
There is one bathroom for two rooms, it`s ok, but one day our neighboor has left the room and woman cleaned that room and removed all my cosmetics from sharing bathroom, despite there is two separate sinks and shelves!!! After that incident the staff posted a note on the bathrooms door "Don`t leave any values in the bathroom, if your neighboor leave the hotel, all the stuff will be removed". Haha, nice service!
It was a last straw. It`s my first negative review and honestly, I don`t recommend you City Hostel Corvin, no way!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cicadde
Reviewed 18 July 2016

It was terrific stay at City Hostel Corvin. I have dirty room. In your room you will find hair, because washing machine in here is very bad. Towels is not included. In summer it's will be not smart choice, they don't have air-conditioning. Also cleaning throw away all my stuff from bathroom.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple