8,128 results
All reviews executive club royal spa beautiful hotel executive room rickshaw restaurant steam room main restaurant five star hotel spa facilities the river tram stop the air conditioning opera house long weekend jewish quarter city break public transport
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This hotel lives up to its promise from the very first steps inside. Warm welcome in grand hotel style, professional reception staff, understated quality control in each and every aspect of the check in. The place oozes old world elegance and will not fails to impress any visitor with a knack for class.
While being a ‘big’ hotel, the organisation of the rooms in four separate buildings (connected by glass bridges and skylight domes) gives the place an overall cosy yet refined atmosphere. Due to that ‘open’ architecture, noise from the atrium bar on the ground floor does reach all rooms high up, however, with rowdy and drunk shouting and laughing keeping us awake one evening.
Apart from that poorer sound isolation, rooms are everything one expects a five star hotel to provide, with good beds and spacious bathrooms. Room service is fast and attentive. Breakfast is a treat (be it at a steep price, 31 euros per person) and so is the spa which ranks among the most beautiful in Budapest hotels.
Rack rates are high, but very good deals can be found at various websites, with prices as low as 104 euros per night.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to the atrium: bar noise travels high.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
MrJeanPierreMifsud, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear wimbrussel,

I cannot thank you enough for your very kind feedback on your recent stay with us.
First of all, let me express my heartfelt gratitude for mentioning our amazing staff in your comment and you considered our atmosphere cozy. Moreover, it is amazing that you think your room has everything you expect from us and you found our room service fast and attentive. In addition, it is great that you were fulfilled with our breakfast.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Corinthia Hotel Budapest in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This hotel is amazing - excellent service and superb pool/spa. The deluxe room was spacious and comfortable. If I were to nit-pick, I would have preferred firmer pillows. The pool, steam room and jacuzzi were a welcome break from a long day of sightseeing. The location is splendid - it is within walking distance to most sights including Buda castle, the City Park (e.g. Szechenyi Baths) and the Jewish quarter. The staff are friendly and helpful - they even booked us a table at the ever-so-bustling New York Cafe! I would highly recommend this hotel to those who are planning a city break in Budapest.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
MrJeanPierreMifsud, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear glyoxalase,

What a great delight reading your kind words about your recent stay in our hotel.

I am pleased you decided to stay with us and I cannot be happier with the fact we were able to deliver you a perfect stay. It is superb you were totally satisfied with everything you experienced here. Special thanks to you for highlighting the Spa area and our excellent staff, they really deserve the appreciation.

I hope you will return to us as soon as it is possible.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Situated to the east of the city centre, we were in the new wing.
Very comfortable beds, my wife thought it was perfect. Slept well.

Considering the hostel was destroyed in WW2@ and again in 1956, it has been well restored and is a feast for the eyes.

Fine dining for breakfast with exquisite setting, but too many choices !

The wife didn’t think one dish was up to her local town’s standard. I still loved it.
The Ham cheese bacon and zucchini omelette was great and the hash browns perfect. Mushrooms excellent.

I think this sums it up pretty well:
Wife “ I wish I had more room, there are so many things I want to try ! “

Often we don’t eat breakfast in the hotel, in this case you would be a fool to miss it!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Ian B,

Thank you so very much for taking your precious time to share this very detailed and informative review with us, following your most recent stay at Corinthia Hotel Budapest.
I cannot find the suitable words to describe how happy I am by the fact that you and your wife found our hotel absolutely stunning and it gives me great pleasure to know that the room you stayed in has lived up to all your expectations as it was very comfortable. Further on, it makes me immensely happy that you highlighted our varied breakfast offer. Finally, I highly appreciate your recommendation too.

Once again, thank you for your review and I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

A 3 night stay at the wonderful Corinthia Hotel. Snow on the ground and sub-zero outside temperatures made us truly appreciate the spa and the comforts of the executive lounge. Where to start? The room was great, fabulously comfy bed and ESPA toiletries. Breakfast was wonderful, a great selection and eggs cooked to order. Staff friendly and helpful throughout.

The hotel is beautifully decorated throughout. The executive lounge was superb, complimentary drinks and snacks in the evening and a relaxing atmosphere following a days exploring.

If you’re looking to spoil yourselves then you’d be hard pushed to find a better place to stay. We’d go back for sure!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mark H,

Thank you very much for staying with us at Corinthia Hotel Budapest and for your time to write a review about our hotel on the TripAdvisor site.

Reading your kind words regarding the services provided by our entire team made me feel glad; it is nice to know that we met your expectation and you enjoyed your stay. I am also glad to hear that you could enjoy our marvellous spa area, the spa facilities and with the executive lounge. I am more than happy to read that you were so satisfied with all my colleagues work, I will forward them your kind and lovely words.
Once again, thank you so much for your lovely feedback. It would be our pleasure if you chose us again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018

This is my second visit to this hotel and I was so excited stay here again. I has a friend tagging along on my business trip, so we needed two beds. I have since found out that only very few rooms have two beds in this hotel and they are not spacious or if high standard. The beds were singles and very old and uncomfortable. The bed skirts were filthy and have to have them changed. Not the same experience I had the previous visit. I am still giving it a 4 star rating, as the rest of the hotel is amazing! and I think this is just a reflection of they type of room I had. I am a Platinum member of their rewards program, so I am guessing they didn't have a better room available that had two beds. Just a shame to not have the ability to treat all guests with the same experience. Food is good, but when you are at a conference for a few days it all kind of tastes the same after a day or two. But it is delicious, just more variety would be nice. Bubbles are breakfast helps though! Good location too, to visit the main squares. about a 20 minute walk from the hotel. I will give this hotel another try when I don't need two beds and hope my experience was a one off.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
MrJeanPierreMifsud, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear champagnesally,

Please let me start with telling you how grateful I am to you for sharing your experiences with us. It is extremely important for us to get a feedback from our dear guests.

It is lovely to read it was your second time in our hotel. On the other hand, please accept my deepest apologies for the inconveniences you had with your room. Thank you very much for the suggestion on the breakfast, we will definitely take it into consideration. I hope that all in all you had a great stay.

On behalf of our entire team, we are looking forward to your next visit.

Yours sincerely,