All reviews city centre bus stop busy road public transport jacuzzi and sauna nice hotel recommend this hotel main road city tax just round the corner local transport air con two single beds clean rooms buda side pleasant stay beautiful city
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

This was only a base for 3 days to explore the beautiful city and it was part of a Groupon deal so we weren't expecting the earth. That said we were expecting a clean basic double room.
We were squeezed into a single with 2 x singles turned sideways meaning one of us couldn't get in and out of bed unencumbered by the bedside unit attached to the wall.
The toilet seat was chipped and stained and completely unhygenic. The bath enamel was chipped and the shower kept falling off the broken wall holder (probably how the enamel got chipped in the first place)
The room thermostat was broken meaning that the heating was on full blast that made the room uncomfortably hot. We did ask to switch rooms...they were aware of the heating issue but we were told we could not swap they were full. No one came to fix the heating so we slept with the window open in March in minus temperature.
We would not recommend or return.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah b
Reviewed 14 March 2018

After reading the reviews of this hotel and looking at the photos on Tripadvisor, I have to say that it didn't meet my expectations. The hotel did not appear to be full but we were given rooms on the fifth floor and the lift only goes to floor 4. As my husband had recently had an operation on his shoulder - this meant that I had to lug our suitcase up two flights of stairs which wasn't the best of starts. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable but we certainly didn't have a bowl of fruit or flowers in the bathroom - in fact we didn't even have a bath in the bathroom (but our friends in the next room did). One of the reasons we chose this hotel was because of the sauna and jacuzzi (which we duly booked to use on our second night). When we got down there,however, the water in the jacuzzi was cold and no where near the 27 degrees advertised. We complained at reception and were told that it must be broken but we believe that they just forgot to turn the heater on. We asked for our booking to be transferred to the following evening at the same time - and- to cut a long story short, they forgot to do this too. So when we returned to the hotel the following evening, it was fully booked until 11pm by other guests. I don't consider myself to be a fussy person but I have no idea how this hotel has four stars. The lovely breakfast described in other reviews failed to materialize also. The dining room was tiny, nine tables only and the food was average at best. No fresh orange juice on the first two mornings, lukewarm scrambled egg and frankfurters every day, the Danish pastries were hard by 8-30am and tasteless. One tiny, two slice toaster smaller than the one I have at home and the coffee came from a machine and was so strong that I couldn't drink it. We stayed in a four star hotel in Prague around the same time last year and that was amazing - absolutely no comparison

Room Tip: Get one at the back where you can't hear the traffic and the trams
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
HotelMediterran, General Manager at Hotel Mediterran, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Dear Claire S,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us! I was sorry to read that we could not completely fulfil your expectations. We have 8 rooms on the 5th floor. The elevator goes until the 4th floor and stairs lead to the 5th floor. I am sorry you had to carry the suitcase. Our colleagues are always ready to help with luggage, please ask them at the reception. Our hotel was fully booked indeed during your stay, unfortunately we could not find the way to provide you another room. I do hope there will be another chance to welcome you in Budapest and we will do our best to satisfy you.

Wishing you all the best from Budapest,

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We were there for a training. This is just average level of food and a bit under regarding staff. Only the receptionist guy was helpful and very kind. This is not the best small hotel in Budapest for sure.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank GabiK505

Dear Gabi,

thank you for your review! I am happy you found our receptionist collegaue helpful and kind! : ) We work hard day by day to correct our deficiencies and to provide high quality service for reasonable price to our guests' satisfaction.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

The staff at Hotel Mediterranean were so helpful and lovely. The main man at the reception helped us locate round the city showing us a map and telling us which buses to get. He organised our return taxi to the airport also! Breakfast was lovely and had plenty of choice. Even champagne at breakfast!! Had the best weekend away in Budapest and couldn’t recommend this hotel more. We were able to hire the private sauna and jacuzzi for 90 minutes as well and they had candles round the jacuzzi lit for us! So kind

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank georgie127x

Dear georgie127x,

thank you for your lovely words about our Hotel Mediterran! I am very grateful for you for sharing your positive experience with all the tripadvisor community! I hope your comment will help other travellers to choose our hotel for their future stay in Budapest.

Thank you again and we will be happy to welcome you back anytime in the future! Wishing you all the best from Hungary!

Warm regards

Reviewed 19 February 2018

I went there for a couple days last month with my family and it was a fantastic experience for all of us! The hotel has a wonderful atmosphere and also a very good location! The members of staff were always kind and helpful anytime we needed something! The rooms are spacious and were always neat and clean! Breakfast was amazing, wide variety of delicious and good quality food, the best way to start your day in Budapest! Perfect stay in a perfect hotel, thank you guys!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Flyer658750

Dear Steiner Á,

I highly appreciate your kind comment about our hotel! Thank you for mentioning our most important advantages, like the helpful staff, the location, clean rooms and the nice breakfast! :) Also, thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you again in the near future!

Kind regards,