“Fantastic building ”

St. Stephen's Basilica (Szent Istvan Bazilika)
Book In Advance
More Info
US$37.18*
and up
Budapest St Stephen's Basilica Organ Concert with...
Ranked #5 of 599 things to do in Budapest
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Built between 1851 and 1905, this large parish church accommodates 8,500 people and features a magnificent 300-foot, neo-Renaissance dome.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

A really awesome place to visit
Entry by donation and lots to see
We lit candles for lost loved ones and revelled at the architecture.
It's amazing inside and out and definitely worth a visit ...

Write a ReviewReviews (17,082)
All reviews
in 207 reviews
"paintings"
in 203 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My husband and I have visited too many churches and basilicas that often they bland into one and we can’t remember where we saw them, this however won’t be forgotten in a lon while. It was such a wow moment when we entered. Absolutely stunning, and not to be missed.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Yes you can say every church or cathedral is amazing, yet this took my breath away. I’ve sung in Notre Dame, and some of the finest in all of Europe, yet this had me in awe.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

My wife & I visited Budapeast for 3 nights, over the Easter period of 2018. We originally didn't intend to call into St. Stephens, as we have seen an awful lot of bascilica's on our travels and are a bit tired of them in general. However, we inadvertingly stumbled across it and thought we might as well take a quick look. The bascilica seems to be heavily influenced by St John's Bascilica in Rome (or perhaps vice versa). However, that is no bad thing as it is very tastefully done. In fact, we though it was a beautiful building, which is a must if visiting Budapest. we were glad we visited it and recommend it highly...