2,915 results
All reviews privilege lounge great location the main shopping street pedestrian area hotel is located vaci utca the river late check rooms are small standard room mini bar sight seeing double bed tourist attractions buffet breakfast restaurants and bars chain bridge
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Prior to my arrival here I did have some concerns after having read the reviews. No need to worry, the Management had obviously listened with regard to the check in process and the reception being small. We were shown to a couple of seats whilst the paperwork was completed and very soon we had our room key and we were in our room. On the street side but no problems with any noise. I liked being able to open the window for fresh air and it was the only time there was noise, but that was my choice.
Once we wanted to see the City it was a short walk to the river, hoponhopoff bus and some great restaurants.
We did use the bar in the Hotel for a very enjoyable glass of wine and some coffee.
Would recommend this Hotel.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Very good standard finish, room immaculate and well stocked of toiletry minis. Comfy beds and fantastic service. Will be coming back and staying in this hotel. Can’t fault it, check in very smooth with helpful and friendly staff. Given information on things to do when you check in and staff give you more information and book some things for you.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2018

The location is super central. The breakfast is OK but not the best. I was spoiled by my previous hotel which had more variety in hot foods and fresh juices. This is pretty standard. It had a nice lobby bar and restaurant with outdoor seating. I didn't have time to dine there but I could see the potential. The room was small but nice and clean. There was a small window but no view. The staff was very helpful in arranging a taxi for me when I was in a rush.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

The location of the hotel is fantastic - everything is right on the door step.

The room was modern and clean but a bit small.

Only issue with the hotel was the noise. Any noise from the corridor was very loud in the room. We were disturbed 2/4 mornings by housekeeping even though the do not disturb sign was on the door.

The gym has good equipment.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2018

I have been for work, the hotel has old fashion rooms and bathroom, with all carpets and smell to dust, the service is not focuss on helping needs. In the elevator was a letter saying use the stairs because of long time waiting. The stairs were la in an horror movie, dirty .
Bad experience, even with a great location and renewed common areas

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
MaricsJ, Ügyvezető igazgató at Mercure Budapest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Dear Estevett,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comment following your stay at the Mercure Budapest City Center.

Let me express my sincerest apologies regarding the inconveniences you have experienced. I am sorry that you have felt the room was old fashioned even though the renovation of the whole hotel was finished jut the beginning of this year. On the other hand, I would like to thank you for raising my attention of the dirty staircases, we will take the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

I honestly hope we will have another chance to accommodate you in the future and we will be able to gain back your trust.

Kind regards,