6,127 results
All reviews chain bridge paris restaurant luxury room river view club room famous chain perfect location breakfast buffet excellent hotel buda castle royal palace across the river the executive lounge an upgrade christmas market junior suite four seasons
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were happy to return to Budapest and this hotel again. Just as before, we found the staff accommodating and our room most comfortable. Our room was spacious and well appointed. The bed with its' luxurious linens was a welcome place to relax after full days of sight-seeing. The location was so handy.

The buffet breakfast had a lot of choice and was very tasty. There was also a quick coffee/pastry pickup table near the restaurant hostess spot to grab a quick meal if that's all you wanted or had time to eat that morning.

We were disappointed in the cleanliness a bit this time. I had dropped an earing and had to search for it on the floor near our bed. When I couldn't see it, of course I looked under the bed to see if it rolled there. No earing, but at that point I noticed that area hadn't been vacuumed in a long while.

Kudos to the hotel staff in trying to deal with the issue of loud groups of young people on the driveway in front of the hotel. Around midnight, each night we were staying at the hotel, groups of young people would gather there and talk very loudly, scream and do acrobatics and generally act out. Since our room overlooked that area and we'd dealt with the issue for hours our first night and hardly got any sleep, I phoned down to reception the second night. After awhile a number of staff members went out to try to get the crowd to move on. It worked for awhile, but then the loud revelers returned.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the front driveway entrance to the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was a wonderful experience. Great breakfast buffet (even had honey comb). Beautiful rooms with free spa service to room. Trams stop just outside and you can walk to lots of attractions. We caught the tram to one of the markets and it was the best experience we had in Budapest. The only negative was the A/C did not seem to respond to re-setting so it was a little warmer than I would have liked. I mentioned this in my critique and they apologized and said they would look into it. The safe in the room did not work, so they sent up someone in 15 minutes. He replaced the batteries but it still didn't work, so he replaced the whole safe in less than 10 minutes. Outstanding!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view or you will be looking at a building.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Wonderful location and the room was ok (though the mattress had deep divets). Where it really fell down was the breakfast buffet. We were sent downstairs to the main restaurant as the breakfast area was full. Service was terrible. Coffee worse. They may have had yogurt or kefir or something but you would never know what it was as it wasn’t labeled. There was no fresh fruit other than kiwi which will be ripe enough to eat sometime next week. All in all the great location made up for any shortcomings. The outdoor bar was lovely!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Jean_Bowcott_Sofitel, General Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Bill,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us regarding your stay at the Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge. We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with the excellent location of our hotel and could enjoy the pleasant atmosphere of our outdoor terrace.
However, we were very concerned to read that your experience did not meet your expectations regarding the service received and the food offered at breakfast in the restaurant that we would like to sincerely apologize for.
At Sofitel Hotels & Resorts, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address this issue in order to improve on our services.
We appreciate you sharing your feedback and sincerely hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Jean Bowcott

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

I am a travel agent and I book a ton of Viking cruises for clients as well as land travel. I wanted to use this time to visit hotels that I book for my clients as well as the ones that Viking uses for their add-on land packages. I decided to go with Sofitel because it was a 5 star and I wanted to splurge. I’m paying on average $253 a night and I am not impressed with the outdated rooms. The lobby is beautiful, the spa is nice and the service is 5 star BUT he rooms are not up to par with 5 star accommodation standards. I do feel that the location is exceptional but I was highly disappointed with the look and feel of the rooms. They are outdated and there a hardly any plugs
In the room. The bathrooms are nice but there was some black mold in our shower. The bed was very comfortable but I could hardly sleep because of all the noise from the traffic and some jerk racing up and down the street all night. Noise blocking windows are so important. The rooms are maybe 3 star accommodation but I’m not sure how a 5 star hotel is getting away with the rooms in that condition. Even the water kettle in my luxury room was DIRTY. That is not 5 star standards. I understand on vacation you do not spend a ton of time in the room but at over $250 a night I expected better.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experiences regarding your stay at our hotel. We appreciate every feedback we can get from our Guests. It was glad to hear that you were satisfied with the excellent location of our hotel and the service received from our great Ambassadors.
However, it was with regret to know that your experience related to the overall condition of the room and the comfort of our bed did not meet your expectation that we would like to sincerely apologize for. I was concerned to read as well that the noise coming from outside was disturbing you during your stay. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
Kindly be ensured that we take your comments very seriously, therefore our colleague will be in contact with you directly to discuss this matter further.
While I wish you had a better experience with us, it is a feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Jean Bowcott

Reviewed 5 October 2018

A Danube Cruse is a delightful experience, but to really get to know a city, pick a great hotel as your home base for a few days and explore. Our Budapest experience last April was the highlight of our vacation, and the Sofitel at Chain Bridge was the perfect anchor. Not only was the hotel one of the most remarkable settings of comfort, convenience and class, but it also proved to be the center of our stay in Budapest.
And the food was fantastic. Our group of two couples, me and my wife and my brother and his wife are not really early risers and don't usually eat breakfast until mid morning, but their breakfast buffet offered such succulent selections, that we gladly arose early just to feast away.
We had a corner room overlooking the Chain Bridge and the view from our room was akin to a well published travel brochure highlighting the best of Budapest.
The staff was the best I have had the privilege of being pampered by. All associations with them were five star engagements.And, on our day of departure, we had to check out early, and were pleasantly surprised with a delicious and thoughtful parting take-with bag of fruits, drinks, sandwiches and snacks.
Of course all the rooms in our suite were top notch, from the luxurious bedding to the spacious lounging room and a spacious bathroom complete with awesome terry robes to boot.

Room Tip: If you get a chance, request a corner room that faces the Danube river and the Chain Bridge.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family