“Worth visiting!”

Cafe Jubilee Budapest
Price range: US$10 - US$14
Cuisines: European, Italian, Cafe, Mediterranean, Central European, Hungarian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Worth visiting!”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Loved the place! Very nice atmosphere and decoration. A good place to sit in in the morning. Prices are average. The rabbit stew is awesome! Worth visiting.

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
München
“Tripadvisor failed”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I was there in April 2012 with two friends for a dinner on a Sunday evening.

I cannot understand at all the ratings written here. We all ordered a starter and a main dish and thus had different soups, pasta and main courses with meat. The ravioli were awful, they tasted like being from the supermarket. After those starters we began reading again the ratings here and could not believed it. All was then topped by a fillet (by far the most expensive dish) which did not taste (and look) like a filet at all.

We were very very disapointed and thought that all ratings here must be fake. I would never go there.

• Visited April 2012
alexjub, Owner at Cafe Jubilee Budapest, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

Please allow me to apologise for your non pleasant experience at Cafe Jubilee Budapest and thnak you for leting us know which dishes did not meet your expectations. We shall definatelyk have a look at what went wrong since this is last saturday but please allow me to assure you that the ravioli you mentioned are hand made inhouse and fillet is the only meat that we buy because we have only 1 meat dish. However we do understand that no matter how hard we try we have failed you in this instance. Please let us know when you are back or if you are still here so that we have the possibility of inviting you back.

I thank you once again for giving us the possibility to rectify our mistakes and i once again apologise on behalf of all the team at Cafe Jubilee

regards

Alex
Melbourne, Australia
“Absolutely disgusting food with shocking service.”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I simply can't believe the reviews of this cafe. Service was non existent and we felt like we entered a morgue. Sour faced Waitress throughout the dining experience. Food was that bad and smelled rightly off, that I got slight food poisoning.
Stay well clear of this place!!!!!!!!!! Budapest has some fantastic cafes, this was not one of them. Free wi-fi on premise but Waitress did not want to give the code to my friend and then when she did give it to him, she gave the lousy, slow server. What cheek!

1 Thank ewop123
alexjub, Owner at Cafe Jubilee Budapest, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

On behalf of cafe Jubilee Budapest let me please apologise straight away for your negative experience. The attitude, service and food that you have described is definately not what we are known for. I truly wish that you had let us know earlier since you have visted the place in March so that we could make amends. I shall promise you that we will definately look into the matter so that instances like this will never happen again.

I hope that you accept our sincere apologies and please do let us know if you are still in Budapest or if you are ever back so that we can offer you the possibility to get it right.

I thank you in advance

Regards

Alex CEO
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Relaxed, Friendly, Lovely.”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Fantastic menu and a brilliant selection of wines. The staff made us feel very welcome and at ease. We found it so good that we went three times in our visit to Budapest!

2 Thank Sebastian M
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Some of the best food I'd ever had!”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

The steak was made out of joy and dreams. If you're in Budapest, this place is a must!