4,887 results
All reviews rooftop pool araz restaurant gallery bar great hotel jewish quarter revolving door wellness centre standard room szimpla kert ruin bars pillow menu top floor city break spa facilities the river bars and restaurants booked this hotel
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Having visited Budapest and this hotel twice previously we were extremely excited for our third visit. Check in was smooth and we were made to feel very welcome by a male member of staff, and housekeeping was as good as usual.

As we had already visited Budapest, we took this city break as a chance to relax and make use of the spa and wellbeing facilities that the hotel had to offer. Although €8 per person was quite expensive, we were aware of this and therefore were willing to pay this price. However, upon using the facilities we realised that the Jacuzzi was out of use (and this was out of use for the whole of our trip), and as a result we were quite disappointed that there was no discount offered because we technically paid €8 for the use of 2 swimming pools and a sauna room. We also did not receive our robes and slippers, which we were informed would be sent to our room.

We enjoyed the rest of our stay, however upon checkout we feel as though our whole trip was ruined. When checking out of the hotel we were accused by a female member of staff of purchasing an alcoholic drink in the gallery. We explained to her that we had never stepped foot in the gallery, and we also do not drink alcohol. She finally realised that this was an error and told us it had already been cancelled, but we were made to be incredibly uncomfortable and she did not apologise for this error.

We were then offered a card to use the spa facilities free of charge because this was our last day, however we said that we were going out for food and may come back for it later. Upon entering the hotel a few hours later, we asked a different female member of staff for the card and she told us we would not be able to go to the spa without paying. We were travelling alongside another couple, who at this point were in the spa using the free day card. The member of staff did not seem to believe us when we told her this, but eventually gave us a free spa day card, and made an unfriendly remark upon doing so. Due to feeling so incredibly uncomfortable and unwelcome we gave her the card back and went to the nearby street food market Karavan and waited there for 3 hours, for our airport transfer.

When we entered the hotel to pick up our luggage, upon our transfer arriving, we felt very watched and unwelcome by your reception team and left the hotel struggling with our bags, with no help from staff.

After this experience we will not be visiting the hotel for a fourth time, when we next return to Budapest, because we have never been made to feel so unwelcome and uncomfortable.

5  Thank Rebecca C
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear Rebecca C,

May I start with expressing my thankfulness to you for writing us a feedback.

It is lovely you visited our hotel several times before and all of your stays were excellent. On the other hand, I am extremely sorry seeing that we were not able to meet your expectations this time. Please accept my deepest apologies for your inconveniences, but I hope that all in all you had a great time here.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel from 10/7 to 14/7.
We had a great time, the hotel is clean and very nice, the staff are very helpful and professional, we had our room upgraded to a junior suite which was very nice.
Location is perfect, a walking distance fron almost everything- restaurants, bars, tourist sites and shopping center.
Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear anat g,

Let me express my great gratitude for choosing to stay at Continental Hotel Budapest and for taking the time to share this kind review with us.
It makes me really happy that you had a great time at our hotel and you considered our place clean and very nice. Also, I would like to thank you for mentioning our very helpful staff, and it is great that you appreciated your upgraded room. Moreover, it brings me great pleasure that you loved our location as everything was within walking distance.
It would be our pleasure to have you back as our kind guest again in the very near future.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

The hotel is in a good location, close to many restaurants and bars but a little far from the main attractions. It is only about 40 minutes from the Airport by taxi. it has a nice indoor and out door pool, sounds, and a gym. Rooks are ok, and the staff has room to improve to be more friendly.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Zoltan_Geher, Ügyvezető igazgató at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear J J,

Thank you very much for rating us and sharing you experience with the TripAdvisor community. This means a lot to us.

It made me absolutely delighted that you highly appreciated the central location of the building; it is really easy to discover Budapest from here. Continental Hotel Budapest believes that the guest is first, and we will always give the best service to you.

In the future if you visit Budapest we are waiting for you with open doors and a warm welcome, until then we wish you the best!

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Everything was prefect at this hotel. Staff were very attentive. Loved the bedroom decor, modern bathroom and comfortable bed. My first time visiting Budapest and if returning would definitely book same hotel. It was ideally situated for tourist attractions, pubs and restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Susan S,

What an excellent review! Thank you so much for the positive evaluation, we are so glad you had a great time at Continental Hotel Budapest. It makes me really happy that you found our location excellent for sightseeing, from here you can get anywhere easily, thanks to the outstanding public transport facilities. Also, it is great to read that you were satisfied with your clean room with all the required amenities. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Got to the pool and was asked to pay extra 8 euros for using it.
I made my reservation on agoda website, i did not see that the pool is with additional fees. It was humiliating to find out abiut it only when we were about to go inside.
And in anyway this is the first time im hearing pool costs more money.
Went to ask about it at the reception but they did not seem to care about that or about how we were 'fooled' to think we are allowed inside.
It feels quite bad.
I will double check the services/amenities pages on agoda next time.

1  Thank Tom N
Zoltan_Geher, Vendégkapcsolati vezető at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Tom N,

I would like to thank you for leaving a review about our hotel, I highly appreciate compliments as well as constructive criticism. I would like to sincerely apologise for the all the inconvenience you had, you can be sure that we will consider all the things you said. We would be truly honoured if you gave us a second chance, we will commit everything to provide your perfect comfort.