1,827 results
All reviews mulled wine free sangria small bottle of wine l'occitane toiletries roof terrace small kitchenette deluxe apartment little touches hot wings pedestrian street kitchen area excellent hotel st stephen's basilica breakfast was delicious walking distance breakfast room would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Rooms are very spacious and clean. During our stay, the hotel provides L'Occitane shampoo, conditioner and lotion.

Great location. Walking distance to Opera House and St. Stephen Church to Parliament.

Very good breakfast!!! Every morning they have sparkling wine and fresh juices. You can make mimosa every morning. They also make fresh yogurt with fresh berries.

When you get back to the hotel after your long day of touring, the hotel has sangria and juices at the lobby that you can bring to your room.

Don't forget to check the rooftop. You can see the St. Stephen Church from the rooftop.

Room Tip: They have connecting rooms for big families 5 or more.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank adobo
Bela_Schiffler, Operations Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Dear „adobo”,
Let me thank you very much for your superb review following your recent stay with us. It was my greatest pleasure to learn that we received a top rating from you. I would also like to thank you for highlighting our strategic location along with the comfort and the general cleanliness of our spacious rooms. Your great comment emphasizing our L’Occitane amenities and the wide selection of breakfast dishes with home-made yoghurt, smoothies and champagne is much appreciated. I cannot thank you enough for pointing out our little roof top terrace which is a true little escape indeed. I am glad that the family of yours had a great time here and we could contribute to your perfect hotel experience. We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

A great hotel located on the pest site of budapest. The welcoming was nice. Free wifi you get password from reception. There 4 floors of the hotel elevator goes up to 3rd floor and then few stepa to 4th floor and terrace. The terrace is a very nice place during the morning and afternoon hours very quite has a tv and garden seats. We stayed at the 3rd floor. On the basement there is a jaccuzi and sauna very nice had it all for ourselves jaccuzi big enough for 4 people and sauna enough for 2 people. On the ground floor the dining room you can choose either to sit outside or inside. The inside also has 2 floors. Everything served fresh breakfast is quite nice has wide range of food in the buffet. You may order additional stuff beside what is in the buffet like omlets and stuff. The room itself is very nice and warm. With aink and electric stove and everything is so clean and tidey. There is a drying hanger for towels in the bathroom which was very handy to dry the swimsuits and towels after the jaccuzi.
The hotel offers also tickets to the hop on hop off tour bus arounf budapest. The hotel offers free taxi transfer from the airport to the hotel if you book for 4 might or more throught their website if not then 29€ form or to airport. (The taxi in the airport wanted 35€ to city center.) The hotel offered us a breakfast box since our checkout is early in the morning before breakfast starts.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Bela_Schiffler, Operations Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

Dear „bluejoe79”,
Let me thank you for posting your great review about your recent stay with us. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed the setup and the comfort of your room so much. I cannot thank you enough for pointing out our roof terrace which is indeed a true little escape. I also thank you for mentioning the little wellness area. I especially would like to thank you for the detailed description of our breakfast room and the hearty breakfast selection we provide. It made personally proud that you also highlighted the concierge services with my colleagues; we are more than happy to arrange sightseeing tour or transfer for our valued guests. I would like to stress that we are happy to offer a breakfast box foe each every guest leaving early; I thank you for noting that. Your commending words and the top score for your stay are much appreciated. We look forward to your second visit to Budapest; we would be happy to welcome back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

We don't usually stay in such luxurious surroundings, but this was a special holiday for us so we booked at the last minute. The staff we really charming and helpful, with superb spoken English. The room was very comfortable and very clean and the breakfasts delicious and plentiful with some special home-made additions. The location was fantastic for seeing the romantic city of Budapest. I would very definitely recommend this hotel if it's in your price-range or you get a really good deal.

Room Tip: We had a room at the top and at the back of the hotel...we had really quite nights :-)
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear „Dragon1963”,
I would like to thank you very much for your superb review and the top rating of your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was thrilled to read your generous remarks about the hotel. It was my pleasure to learn that you were satisfied with our premium location and the comfort of your room. Your kind words about the service of our staff and the wide breakfast selection are highly appreciated. We would be grateful if we could welcome back for another great hotel experience. You will be welcomed here.

Reviewed 20 September 2016

Arrived early evening and am staying 5 nights. Room well equipped with small kitchenette if you want to cook for yourself. Which sometimes makes a nice change. Only gripe is a little dark in the room ! Bit colourless, but perfectly clean, only x2 teabags, but just a case of asking for more. Towels plenty soft good quality, Bed ok, but again spotlessly clean. Went down for Breakfast and first area seemed really small, I sat down anyway, but then realised there is a larger seating area upstairs. I felt like the waiting staff were a bit like exactly that waiting to pounce on your plate .... I don't like to feel I am being watched. That said, breakfast mainly continental was suitable. Cost per night seemed a little high but apparently there is a festival this week so everywhere is booked up. Across the street from the hotel looks like a couple of nice little bars etc, so everything within close proximity. Nice hotel.

Room Tip: Bit difficult getting taxis !!! But busy week .,,
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business

Dear „Debbie K”,
Thank you for sharing your super detailed and positive comments on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us here at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I cannot thank you enough for emphasizing the comfort of your room and the cleanliness of our hotel in the first place. It made me also glad to read that you stressed our central location and our hearty breakfast selection as well. I am sorry if the attention of the breakfast staff was too much for you; I am sure that they only wanted to pay maximum attention towards you. You were right saying that the past few weeks were really busy in Budapest; we can only confirm that all hotels and even the taxis in the city were fully booked. Your kind notes and your overall commending verdict are much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

This hotel had as many lovely little touches as bad little touches, which left me with a bittersweet feeling. The very good: the bed was great, location very good, nice personalised welcome note and drink + a little sweet, free transfer from the airport if you book through them, plenty of services, staff very nice and helpful, kitchen in the room. The not so good: the noise from the street at weekend nights (even though this is not their fault, they claim to have sound-proof windows), not spacious enough to move comfortably around and this is where the bad comes: we were on the top floor, the roof was "angled" and I hit my head every night getting of the bed, my two legs are badly bruised because of the sharp corners of the bed (it would be great to protect those corners to avoid injuries). They advertise l´occitane toiletries, however, these were not replaced for 3 days. There was dust in the bathroom (also shower was tiny) and in the kitchen area. Breakfast was certainly not up to 4 star standards and breakfast area was very small, so two people would struggle to grab food at the same time. Overall it wasn´t then a super comfortable stay.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandyman2016

Dear „sandyman2016”
I would like to thank you for your nicely detailed and honest review about your stay with us. I was glad to learn that you enjoyed the comfort of your room and the strategic location of our hotel. It was my pleasure to read that you appreciated the personalized welcome and the attentive service of our staff. I cannot than you enough for pointing out the so many free amenities and services we provide for our guests. I especially thank you for drawing the attention to our free transfer promotion. I am grateful for your kind words pointing out the kitchen corner which every room features in the hotel. As you pointed this out, our neighbourhood, especially on summer weekends is a lively area maybe that was the reason why you heard some noise from the street. I would like to take this opportunity to highlight that all our windows are somewhat soundproof, but there may be shouting on the streets which we cannot control. With regard to your thoughts about the discomfort of the room, I would like to inform you kindly that we are very keen guest satisfaction and subject to our availability we do not hesitate to offer a different room upon request. I am sorry that you did not turn to us asking for another room; it would have been our pleasure to make your stay even more comfortable by offering a new room. Please accept my apologies for the inadequate Housekeeping work. I will personally make the necessary steps to avoid such mistakes in the future. I hope that you will return to us in the not too distant future; we look forward to welcoming you back.