“Well organized and reminds me of a living GOOGLE”
Review of Discover Budapest

US$33.57*
Budapest Bike Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Discover Budapest - Travel Center is a unique place in Budapest where travelers can ask questions free, get free info and maps on Budapest. Enjoy a cup of coffee, use the internet cafe, browse through over 3500 secondhand English books, find out what to do and see, where to go, rent a bike from our Yellow Zebra bike rental brand and how to book a tour with one of the Absolute walking tours, Yellow Zebra biking tour, Yellow Zebra Segway tour, bus tour or countryside trips they offer. We are a fully licensed and bonded travel agent / tour operator as well.
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I arrived there at the main business center feeling a bit overwhelmed and I was a bit afraid they wouldn't know what I was talking about. The center had plenty of modern English books and plenty of tourist aide equipment in the place such as bikes, and other rental equipment. The location was easy to find and just off the path like it stated in their guide and books. I would recommend this for anyone that just wants to soak it all in and figure out what they want to see and do while in Hungary from wine tours, to hiking and biking, they can set it up. Deal with them with no pressures and no issues. THEY WERE EXTREMELY HELPFUL and very patient listening to my concerns and needs. It was an interesting experience and I am grateful for passing by. I really recommend just sitting back and soaking it in all in while you are there. Use this place like a military command center and plan on how you want to conquer this beautiful country. Keep an open mind about everything and welcome new opportunities when they come.

1  Thank prdubi

Reviewed 5 July 2011

my wife and i have been on several ocean cruises but my wife can get sea sick so we elected to try a river cruise. Avalon Waterways has a five day Taste of the Danube which takes in Budapest, Linz, Melk, Vienna, Durnstein and a road trip to Salzburg. The difference between ocean cruises and a river cruise can be sum up in one word personal. Because your cruisemates will number anywhere from 100 to 185 people who become individuals very quickly. If you like meeting people this is a vacation for you. In addition the food quality and selection beats most oceanliners and you are going nonstop from a wonderful buffet breakfast and lunch to a seatdown dinner with wine included. No need to worry about coffee be it expresso or capacino as it is available free 24 hours. We sailed on Avalon's older ship the Tapestry, 2006, and one would never notice any aging with staterooms larger then again most oceanliners. Can't say enough very enjoyable, great new friends.

9  Thank Larry E
Reviewed 17 June 2011

River Beatrice with Uniworld was everything and more than expected and hoped for. The wonderful crew, the beautiful accomadations, the many interesting ports we visited. All that added to making our cruise everything we could have wanted. The food was excellent as well. We would recommend the Beatrice to anyone that wants to be pampered and really treated well. It happened we had a suite, and we were amazed at the amount of room we had in that size of boat. I will say their internet service was really poor. Very disappointing...

It's our hope that one day we may have the pleasure of traveling with Uniworld . Top Notch!!

1  Thank eeg3
Reviewed 7 June 2011

A thoroughly enjoyable evening with a varied repertoire from an obviously accomplished group of musicians. The accoustics in the Duna Palace are superb, the atmosphere fun and lively and the inside of the palace exquisite. We booked this concert online prior to our visit but it's easy to buy tickets from the numerous sellers on the Budapest streets. At just over 30 euros per ticket, we felt this we very good value for money, especially compared to the 50 plus that we paid for a very disappointing hour-long shambles of a performance from the Duna String Orchestra in the Basilica two days earlier. For those who enjoy a typical "tourist concert", the Danube Symphony Orchestra with cimbalom show in the Duna Palace is a must ~ unlike the Duna String Orchestra's shocking performance at St. Stephen's where they rely on the beauty of the venue alone ~ don't waste your money on this one!

4  Thank MojacarSpencers
Reviewed 22 May 2011

We were the only 2 on the tour so perhaps that was why our guide decided to make it so short. Our 2 hour tour lasted little over an hour so we didnt feel that we had value for money. We have done segways in lots of cities and this was the poorest.

2  Thank srapture2
BPBen, General Manager at Discover Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

Yes, we understand your issue and we apologies for your feelings. I suppose when the tour is having less then normal guests on it it runs faster and can be shorter. I have spoken with the guides and they now know to keep the tour times even if there is only a few people on the tour. we won't let this happen again I promise.