“Just as good as it needs to be”
Review of Kemences Pizza

Kemences Pizza
Ranked #832 of 3,520 Restaurants in Budapest
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We jumped in just to grab some fine food to please our stomach. I have tried this place out once before.
We were on our way on M3 highway, since it is not far from it, took us about 5 minutes to get to this place. We were in hurry and stuffs of the pizza bar was so kind so in about 10 minutes we got our take away pizza. And it is as thin as needs to be and has as much topping as needs to have. And the taste.... the taste was so fine. Next time I would take 2 pizzas instead of 1. One is not enough

Reviewed 28 January 2018

The place is quite little, it's really overcrowded.
The pizza is nice,
I would recommend paying extra attention on hygiene.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Nice thin base pizza with not too much toppings just the way it's meant to be. And they make it quick. The place is clean and the staff is nice. Only problem is they handle the food with bare hands.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

The pizza is tasty and crunchy with minimal toppings as original Italians do, it is almost perfect, but the service. They have a little place so you can see every steps of making your food, except one, when the chef washing his hands. Besides he is kinda rude, I though everybody will be nice and helpful, because the lack of space and a family based company can't be obnoxious. Unfortunately I was wrong. Anyway I've eaten a good pizza.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Kemences Pizza is in the outskirts of Budapest so chances of a walk-in is zero, most people visit because they won a 'Street Food of 2017' award. The place itself is tiny, with 4 bar stools and no bathroom.

They bake Napoli style pizza in a wood fired oven (huge plus for me) but most of the topping selection is aimed towards a Hungarian taste (e.g. ham+corn+mushroom) and not authentic Italian. I went for a prosciutto pizza with parma ham, mozzarella, dried tomatoes and parmesan and the toppings were of good quality but the tomato sauce was too little for me which left the dough a bit dry, and it wasn't crispy enough either.

Prices for a 26cm pizza go between 1,000-1,500 HUF and 1,500-2,500 HUF for 32cm. You can also pre-order your pizza through the phone so it's ready by time you arrive.

This place is a great improvement in the world of Hungarian pizza but there's still a long way to go. I recommend this place more for local residents, if you live in downtown, you don't need to travel to the edge of the city - there are better alternatives here.