5,332 results
All reviews russian restaurant small square free coffee and water great hotel old palace national museum minute walk reception staff quiet neighborhood junior suite lounge area kalvin ter breakfast room walk in shower breakfast was excellent sparkling wine modern hotel
Reviewed 10 October 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our 4 night stay at Palazzo Zichy. Our Junior Suite Room was huge as was the bathroom, the bed very comfortable and the layout had every convenience for an international traveler. Breakfast was plentiful,fresh, tasty and well presented. The breakfast staff were very friendly and professional, as was all the staff we encountered. Budapest was our first stop on a five week trip to Europe and our stay in Budapest was made special by this wonderful hotel and set the bar high for other accommodation to live up to. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We requested a quiet room, high up and that is exactly what we got (Room #518). PERFECT.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Melitta_Laub, Vezető at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear ’’mojo726’’,

Thank you for choosing the services of Hotel Palazzo Zichy, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with the readers of TripAdvisor!

We are glad to have received your excellent evaluation, and we certainly hope you had the chance to visit every sight you intended to, and enjoy everything Budapest has to offer.

Once again thank you for your insights and we are looking forward to welcoming you back should your travel plans bring you to our city again.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

This hotel is classy and beautiful as soon as you enter the door. I am a solo traveler and upon check in realized my room looks out to the inner court yard. I had them change my room and so appreciate that they did. I come from the land of sun and require sunlight and ability to open a window for fresh air. My room was 509 and perfect. So be selective when picking a room because many open up to a courtyard where you are facing other rooms. My room had a beautiful view of the front street and church. My room was at the end of the hotel and I never heard any sound.
The room was beautiful and well furnished. I would say this was the most modern of the hotels that I stayed at. Loved the shower and bathroom. I did not like the bath products but travel with my own anyhow so not a problem.
The breakfast is phenomenal....a buffet with eggs, sausage, bacon.....fantastic.
The front desk is very pleasant and willing to assist at all costs. They arranged a taxi for me to the airport and added the charge to my room. $30 USD...very reasonable. Since I left early the hotel prepared a snack bag for me.
The bartender is so friendly. I rarely drink but he was helpful in selecting some Hungarian alcohol for me to try.
My only negative is that I had a 4 am wake up call to prepare to leave at 5 am for the airport. When I woke, my room had no electricity. I lost 20 minutes having the manager crawl up in my ceiling to reset the breaker. The hotel did make up for it by crediting my taxi. I thought this was very classy but with 26 hours of travel ahead, I wish I had more time to pack and shower.
The hotel is not close to anything so keep that in mind. You will do miles of walking. It is at least 1-2 miles to anything. I love to walk and the weather was devine so this was not a huge issue to me.

Room Tip: Loved Room 509, at the end of the hall and wonderful view out the window.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank TDHArizona

Dear ‘’ TDHArizona’’,

First and foremost let us thank you for staying with us at our four-star Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for your valuable time taken to share your experiences with us and fellow travelers.

It is a pleasure for us to see that our hotel and our facilities could meet your expectations. Let us especially thank you for your kind comment about the outstanding service you had received from our Team and it also makes us glad to see that you enjoyed our buffet breakfast.

It would be our pleasure to host you again and I truly hope you will not hesitate to choose us again should your visit our lovely capital city in the future.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

Just back from 4 nights at this wonderful hotel. All the staff were brilliant - nothing too much trouble and they gave excellent advice on visiting local attractions and travel. Breakfast was a feast and free coffee, tea and cold drinks until 5 every day gave you a chance to stop for a quiet break at no extra cost. Close to tram and metro links and in a quiet part of town full of excellent restaurants. Never heard a sound from other guests rooms - unlike any other hotel I’ve ever been to. Comfortable beds and very clean rooms. Would return in a heartbeat. Fantastic.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Melitta_Laub, Vezető at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear "Suzanne J",

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review in regards to your recent stay in Hotel Palazzo Zichy.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of such positive nature, it is truly rewarding when hotel visitors recognize our team members’ effort. We are delighted that your stay was flawless, and that your experience manifested in such a nice review on TripAdvisor!

We very much appreciate your patronage and do hope that we will welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

One of the best hotels I’ve stayed in, full stop— spacious rooms, excellent service, great location, great amenities. The staff was exceptionally attentive, and made every effort to accommodate our room preferences. The breakfast buffet is top notch. A really nice touch is the waiting area with free snacks, coffee, bottled water and lemonade. Prices were very reasonable too. Overall wouldn’t hesitate to come back.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Melitta_Laub, Vezető at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Dear "DanielN23_Chicago",

Thank you very much for staying in Hotel Palazzo Zichy and sharing your thoughts with us and other travelers here, on TripAdvisor.

It is wonderful to know that we managed to live up to our reputation and that we could contribute to a memorable city break in Budapest. We would like to thank you for your detailed review, the compliments on our breakfast buffet and the service provided by our Front Desk team. We are sure they enjoyed taking care of you just as much.

With best regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel we had a lovely stay here. Rooms were clean and quiet, breakfast was lovely even a machine so you could have freshly squeezed grapefruit. In the afternoon the bar turns into a coffee shop giving you free coffee or home made lemonade and snacks which we thought was a lovely touch. Would really recommend this place and Budapest is stunning had a fab short break

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mell665

Dear "mell665",

Thank you for your recent reservation in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy!

We are so happy to learn that your vacation at our lovely four-star boutique hotel was excellent in all aspects. Thank you very much for your time to post such a rewarding review on the most popular traveler’s site and for recommending our hotel!

We most sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!