“Very cosy place in the heart of the city, with good food”
Review of Chagall Cafe

Chagall Cafe
Ranked #333 of 3,708 Restaurants in Budapest
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Terézváros
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As a local, I like to hide here sometimes. Food is good, interior I like a lot (with the tree in the middle), not a touristic place at all. Even good for having a shot.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

We were visiting Budapest and staying near this restaurant. We were out for a walk and the person who would be our server was standing outside and he encouraged us to stop and eat. He brought us menus so we could check them out and gave us time to make a decision. We liked what we saw on the menu so we stayed. I asked if he had a “Radler” beer and he said no, but the bartender could make us one. I was impressed as I have never had that as an answer before.

The food was really good and reasonably priced. The service was excellent. Unfortunately we are leaving, but if we were staying, we would have another meal here and we have recommended it to others.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Amazing food. Didn't look much from the outside so was really surprised that it was quite a fine dining experience. Not cheap but worth it. Would cost a lot more in london

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

I like art very much, so if I've been there, I'm in the Chagall restaurant in the Hajos street.
There is a big fresco on the wall that is illuminated in the evening, a good thing. The waiter kindly invoked, but there was a place only on the terrace. I did not mind, because it was a good time outside. I ate a goulash soup and the main course was a duck accompanied by a fine glass of wine. I felt very good, my dear staff, I would definitely recommend it to everyone. Thanks

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Were here in the evening on the 5th of september. First the waiter looked lost, careless and forgetful as he had forgotten our order three times. Then we realized he and his colleague at the cashier were mocking us. They laughed at my friend as he went to the toilet and when we paid the bill the waiter brought us 1000 ft of change in coins (see photo). And there was no cheese in cheeseburger.
It was our worst service.