All reviews sleep quality police station old town quiet area small bathroom twin room adequate size business hotel room was clean tea making facilities hotel is situated coffee machine private parking few minutes great hotel comfortable stay shopping mall
Reviewed 28 August 2018

This was our last hotel after 12 weeks of travelling through Italy , Croatia and Slovenia.
I booked a SUPERIOR ROOM via the Accor home page

The hotel was easy to find by car and we got a parking space for 5 Euros .
From outside the hotel is looking plain but inside it is all really nicely decorated.

The whole staff was really helpful and we got a lovely room and the most comfy bed I ever slept it. Would have loved to take it home. The AC was working really good,although we have our only rainy day during our trip .

The breakfast room was large just the set up of the breakfast bar was a bit inconvenient. Why is the coffee machine in the left corner in the carree , so there will always be a queue and block the whole area. Maybe located it at the begin /side of the area?

2nd there are few stairs (10?) to reach the elevator. That also means you have to carry over the stairs. There is a small elevator next to the reception but nobody told us if we can use it or not. So I cannot see that this hotel is advised for handicapped friendly if you cannot reach the rooms from the reception area with a wheelchair.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Grega R, Front Office Manager at Mercure Maribor City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to leave such a wonderful review on our Hotel on the tripadvisor.com web-site. We were glad to find out that our services were according to your expectations and we were able to make your stay comfortable and pleasurable for you.

The small evelator next to reception is for luggage only, and it takes it 1 floor up.

We are looking forward to seeing you among our Guests again in the nearest future.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Nicely located in quiet area but still close to the city center. Available parking with reasonable fee. Good sleep quality. My room was equipped with a bath tube. Good selection and tasty breakfast. Very supportive concierge staff.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Grega R, Front Office Manager at Mercure Maribor City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure for us to learn through your comments that we are fulfilling our promise to exceed Guest's expectations, your feedback motivates us to continue providing high level of service.

We constantly strive to go beyond our Guests’ expectations and anticipate their needs, hence it’s extremely pleasant to learn that you were gratified with the room facilities and our Team members contributed to your comfort stay. This is our utmost reward!

I am looking forward to welcome you again in the Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I stayed here for one night whilst on a business trip to Maribor. The hotel has recently been converted into a Mercure and maybe isn't quite up to the usual standard one would expect from this hotel chain yet. As an Accorclub member I was not offered the usual 'welcome drink'.

The hotel is located just on the edge of the city centre and so is just a short walk from shops and restaurants. My room was perhaps on the small side - it was a twin room but there was nowhere really to put a suitcase so if you had more than one it would be a squash. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning was effective (handy as it was a very warm evening). The bathroom was OK, although shower head was very low (and I am not overly tall) so was awkward to use.

I went for a drink in the bar early evening and ordered a gin and tonic to be told after a few minutes of waiting that they had run out of gin! This is pretty poor for a city centre hotel.

Breakfast was reasonable - decent choice and good quality - the usual buffet-style arrangement. WiFi was free and a decent speed.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Grega R, Front Office Manager at Mercure Maribor City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently at Mercure Maribor City Center, and also for taking the time to write your review.
I have carefully read your comments and I truly apologize for the inconveniences we might have caused you.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you in our property and will see the improvements in the performance. Should you consider our Hotel during your next trip to Maribor please contact me directly for any assistance by hb2d9-om@accor.com.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Closely located to the old city center, only 5 minutes walking distance.
Parking next to hotel, nice selection of food for the breakfast.
Rented bikes from the front desk for couple hours, and explored the city. Great staff at reception, very helpful with suggestions what to visit. Hotel was recently renovated.
Spent 2 nights, would gladly return.

Room tip: Superior room on the 3rd floor
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank MancaK19
Grega R, Front Office Manager at Mercure Maribor City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Slovenia

Reviewed 9 June 2018

It took a while to sort out our room when we checked in. I did not really understand why. Everything seemed to have been prepared, but my impression was that they were trying to change the designated room a couple of times and what we got turned out to be a bad choice.

The sleep quality in the room was very poor. You could hear all kinds of noises from other rooms, people moving furniture, using the bathroom, doors banging. There was a terrace in front of the window where other guests were drinking and talking loudly late in the evening. There was some kind of ventilation below the window, probably that of the restaurant, that started buzzing at 5 am. On top of this a tour bus was parking there (and not in the parking lot) and the engine started running also in the early hours.

Breakfast was good, with a few local dishes. The waiters were very kind and attentive, they clearly enjoyed what they were doing. Thank you, Zlatko.

The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk to the very centre of the city where you can find a lot of excellent cafes and restaurants.

Parking on site is 5 euros a day if you do not use your car during your stay.

Definitely below international Mercure level.

Room tip: Ask for a quiet room.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Grega R, Front Office Manager at Mercure Maribor City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear mr. Peter,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Mercure Maribor City Center. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. We strive to provide a superior service experience for all of our customers, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

I am kindly asking you to e-mail me the dates of your stay and the room number at hb2d9-fo1@accor.com

We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us, and we hope that you will give us another opportunity in the near future.