See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 June 2016

A friend booked this place for me as it was last minute and I had no time for research.
The location was good for what I needed but otherwise it's not very close to city center.
The building and the rooms are old, especially the bed which was very uncomfortable.
It was clean and that's pretty much the only positive thing I can write. Oh yeah, the wifi was also good.
Breakfast was very basic, no fruit, no vegetables, just boiled eggs that looked old, one kind of ham and cheese and bread, that was all.
Also, it got very loud early in the morning which made sleep impossible.
Price is way too high for a b&b like this and I would never go back.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel instead.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank JBlaze2
Reviewed 6 July 2015

If you love spiders, you will love bed and breakfast portal. The room we stayed in was dirty and covered in spiderwebs. Then at night the spiders came out in force. My wife and I stayed up all night watching over our baby to keep the spiders off of him. Killed 11 spiders by 9pm. Try to endure one night and then quickly move somewhere else if you have to. The breakfast was nothing more than some bread and a few spreads.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank steve f
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The placing is not so bad because it was near a bus station. The rooms were old and not so clean, and the worst thing they we're spiders everywere.....I wanted to leave already because of this. The wifi signal was really weak and they didn't have light in the balcony of the hotel. breakfast was bad.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank corinuhs
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Terrible bathroom, shower is rusty, absolutely lousy breakfast, ants running around the tables, WiFi signal in the room totally weak. The only advantage is a good kitchen. Everything else was very poor. Just try to endure one night and quickly leave.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 101studin
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This guesthouse is a really friendly place above a traditional restaurant. I ate at the restaurant one night and it was really good food - and well priced.

The room itself was fine, nothing overly fancy, just basic but clean and tidy. The guesthouse is right on the river - it was really pretty.

The drive from the main train station cost me 3.70 euros in a metred taxi. I walked home from the city centre on one of the days and it took me about 30 - 40 mins, and its easy - straight along Zaloska Cesta in a straight line.

There are other guesthouses etc right in town, but Ljubljiana is a tiny place and I almost had too much time up my sleeve there, so it was a nice to have the option to stroll into town and get some exercise along the way or get a bus or cab if I wanted to be there faster.

The people were lovely, the place was nice - I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo