All reviews lidl supermarket rooms are small bus service the ground floor cozy room budget hotel yogurt city centre reception staff by foot three nights badminton gym euros taxi joghurt shower
Reviewed 30 October 2015

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights in October, 2015 during a 4-day getaway trip.

This hotel is very interesting as it is a hotel and gym !!! While interesting it was also odd to me: I've never seen people with gym memberships go to a hotel to workout. The hotel also has approximately 12 indoor badminton courts, which hotel guests can use for free. In the lobby you can see and hear people working out and walking in and out of the gym. It can get rather noisy. We hoped this would not be a problem in the room (Note: The gym closes at 11 p.m.) and it was not. We rarely heard music from the cardio/aerobic classes or noise from the gym in our room, but you could definitely hear it in the lobby, restaurant/bar and out in the parking lot. If you want a really quiet, serene, peaceful hotel most definitely do NOT stay here. You have to be young, relaxed and go with the flow to stay here as it is a younger, hip-style hotel.

There is ample parking and it is free; the only problem was after work/during the evening hours there are TONS of people working out at the gym, so it can be difficult to find a parking space. Just requires some patience and persistence. The hotel is also on the outskirts of the city, but it is conveniently located near a good Chinese restaurant, a Lidl grocery store and a short 2-3 minute walk to the bus which takes you directly into Ljubljana in about 10-15 minutes. The bus fare is extremely affordable (approx. €1.10/each way per person. You can buy the bus tickets from the receptionist...it is very cheap and convenient).

The receptionists were very helpful and friendly during check-in, check-out and with any questions we had about the city, where to go, what to see, etc.

The room is really cool looking with a double bed on the lower part and a single 'bunk bed' and ladder above head. My partner found the mattress comfortable, but it was not to my comfort and liking at all. I like firm mattresses, but this was TOO firm; there was no give at all, so I did not sleep very well. Also, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, the walls are PAPER THIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is actually the understatement of the century...the guy (I'm assuming it was a male) in the room next to us snored so loudly we could hear him as if he was in our room !!!! After a frustrating hour of no sleep, and the obvious sign that the snoring was not going to subside or cease, we requested, and were granted, another room of our choosing. This room was much better...we could not hear anyone snoring, BUT we could still hear some noise from the hallway AND some conversation in the adjacent room the next morning, however, it did not interfere with our sleep.

The room was small, but just enough for 2 people for 2 nights. We don't spend much time in the room (just to sleep, shower and... ;) ), so it was okay.

The decor and wallpaper were interesting and not the norm (we had African monkeys on our walls). There was a large closet, too.

The bathroom was also unique and modern-lloking, BUT different than what I am used to. The shower stall was not enclosed or elevated from the bathroom floor, so when you took a shower the running water flooded the bathroom. There was obviously a drain, and the water drained into it properly, BUT it left the entire bathroom floor soaking wet and the bathmat completely soaked, therefore, whenever you walked in or out of the bathroom your feet got wet and you tracked that wetness throughout the room...AND there was no bathmat with which to dry off your feet because it was already soaked from when you took your shower !!!!! WEIRD !!!!

The bathroom was also a bit small and there was very little counter space (just enough room for the sink), so if you require a large bathroom and counter space to apply your makeup, etc. this place is not for you. I liked it because it was unique, but I would not want to do it often.

The shower was fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hot water immediately, there was an overhead, 'rain-type' showerhead, very good water pressure and plenty of room to move around.

The breakfast left A LOT to be desired. If you want a nice, fresh, hot breakfast you will not get it here. The breakfast was inexpensive, but you get what you pay for. Our room costs included breakfast, so we ate some yogurt with honey and hot chocolate/coffe, but then went into the city and found some different bakeries to try Slovenian breakfast fare. The Bureks are EXCELLENT. Look for them. The rest of the breakfast food at the hotel consisted of bread, butter, marmelade, honey, luncheon meat, cheese, some fresh fruit, etc. Keep in mind...everything was prepackaged, processed foods. While this is fine for some my partner and I are healthy eaters, so we were a bit disappointed. BUT, on the bright side, we found some great bakeries with freshly made products.

All in all, for the price, I think this hotel was worth it. I would probably try a different hotel next time mainly because of the sleep quality, breakfast and overall noisiness of the property. Service was excellent and free in-room wifi were a huge plus !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the corner because then you will only have a neighbor on 1 side of you which will reduce the amount of noise.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2015

Situated in the outskirts of Ljubljana but well located with a good bus connection to the city centre and very close to the highway (perfect for transit passengers). My room was clean, warm and spacious. Actually the outfit of the room was like at many 3-star hotels. Not very soundproof but I wasn't bothered by that. At night it was quiet. Breakfast is basic (no warm food) but sufficient. Very good coffee. Stayed for 2 nights and can really recommend this hotel. Fairly priced, nice and helpful staff. Free WiFi. In the bar they have a really good selection of beers. It's pretty busy in the afternoon and evening as many people come for practicing sports at BIT Sports Centre which makes a pleasant atmosphere.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the north side are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Vasja V, Front Office Manager at Bit Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2015

Dear BNapotnik,

thank you for your stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. We are very well connected to the city centre which is 3 kms away. There are 3 bus lines going into the centre, taxi costs around 5 EUR and from April till November we rent bicycles.

Thank you for your recommendation and welcome back.

Good luck,

Reviewed 18 September 2015 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 days with my girlfriend. The staff was really nice and helpful, the room was clean and spacious, albeit not very nice to look at. The shower was very clean. Breakfast costs 3.50 euro, and it's okay for that price. The city center is about 40 minutes by foot, but you can take the bus if you want to. There's a lidl just around the corner.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Vasja V, Front Office Manager at Bit Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2015

Dear Frederik H,

thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. We are glad that you find so many positive things here. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Ljubljana.

Welcome back! :)

Reviewed 16 September 2015

I spent in this hotel just one night with my friends while we were travelling across Slovinia. This accomodaton was affordably priced, in good location, well eqiupped with possibility of breakfast and there was a free wifi. Room was a bit small, but for no many nights, its fine. The food was great in spite of there was no huge range of food, but for me, it was enough. :) Surroundings was well maintained and just a few metres from hotel there is supermarket. To sum it up, we were satisfied wiith everything. :)

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2015

I stayed at this hotel 8 years ago, it used to be good then. However, it is even better now! The rooms have been refurbished since then and look very nice. The bathroom is modern and spotlessly clean. My room on the 2nd floor was quiet, the only noise coming from other guests closing the doors of their rooms. Free parking and wifi are definitely a plus and Ales at the reception is very friendly, polite and helpful. Breakfast is perfectly fine with bread, cheese and ham, Nutella, coffee, juice, fruit... At 3.50 EUR it's terrific value. If you decide to walk to the city centre, it will take you about 40 minutes, otherwise there are 3 bus lines (5, 9 and 13) taking you to the city. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple