All reviews city centre football stadium free shuttle hotel shuttle modern hotel ring road shuttle service business district rooms are big and clean old town costs euros excellent hotel business hotel separate toilet business trip tour group close to the hotel
Reviewed 18 July 2017

This hotel was great for us ,four women who stayed 5 nights in July. The twin rooms were quiet and spacious and with a room divider which we used to give us the equivalent of single rooms. The breakfasts were superb, good quality and great selection of hot and cold food. It is approximately 5/10 mins by taxi into the centre, either at the shuttle times or for 6 euros at other times. We found the staff we dealt with pleasant and helpful. We will be recommending to friends.

Date of stay: July 2017
LjuKR, General Manager at Austria Trend Hotel Ljubljana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear "Jean C", we are very pleased that the hotel was great for your. Thank you for staying with and for this review as well for recommending us to your friends. Looking forward also to your next visit! J Osterman, GM.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Ljubljana is a romantic(ish) city - but romantic(ish) hotels in the city centre and car parking aren't best friends, so if you have to have a car for your visit to the capital (if you're on a tour of the country, like me) then stay here. Car parking is right in front of the hotel and the €1.20 buses leave for the city centre (3.5 km away) from just across the street every few minutes (ask hotel reception how to pay for the bus).

Buffet breakfast is generous (fairly good quality) and there is a huge gym. Large rooms, friendly service especially at the front desk. Minibar/fridge and room safe. Good bandwidth free wifi.

No atmosphere, characterless, ideal for tour groups and (their favourite) visiting foreign football teams. Basically an averaqe ++ quality anonymous large good value modern hotel that you choose for practical reasons not for character. In that role it's perfect. No complaints. But if you're not encumbered with a car there are more interesting places in the centre of town. I particularly missed outdoor seating on the hot summer days I was there.

A bit of a non sequitur .... when you return your hire car to the airport your may have trouble finding somewhere to fill the tank. There is a petrol station about three km from the airport on a small side road (which I found just by driving around) and also one about 1-2 km further along the motorway after the airport turnoff (in which case you will have to double back) but you may find it less hassle to fill up in town and run the very small risk of incurring a top-up fee (depending on the sensitivity of your car's fuel gauge - most cars still register as 'full' after 30km driving)

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank colin w
LjuKR, General Manager at Austria Trend Hotel Ljubljana, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear "Amstraveler", thank you so much for your detailed and positive review. Looking forward to your next "by car" visit! J Osterman, GM.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

The part I loved about Ljubljana was having two nights and days to explore the city and nearby mountains and lakes.The bad part was spending those two nights at this hotel. It was part of a tour package, and this Austria Trend property was the most disappointing hotel I’ve seen in years.
It’s too far away from the historic old town. There is nothing nearby for interesting dining, walking or shopping. (The small local shopping facility adjacent to the hotel is bleak, mostly empty, with just a few unattractive eateries.)
There’s not much in the neighborhood for walking --- office buildings, manufacturing centers, apartment housing, and a freeway. You’ll need a taxi to get you into Old Town, which has nice markets, streets, shopping, and historical buildings to explore.
The hotel lobby gave a nice first impression and my room was larger than average with a sofa, cocktail table and club chair. It went downhill from there.
The bed is the fold-up hide-a-bed type; just a simple platform of wood that lowers from a wooden box in the wall. The wooden platform sticks out 4 inches from the bed itself, which means there are sharp corners to avoid. These corners are hidden under the bedspread and are just the right height to hit your lower legs. After I clobbered one leg, I removed the bedspread from the bottom portion of the bed in order to see where those corners were. Other tour group members said their beds were the same hide-a-bed type. The bed itself is nothing but a very hard platform of foam. I folded two duvets in half and laid them on top the foam slab in order to get any sleep. The pillows were terrible… collections of lumpy foam clumps, too high for neck comfort. I used my soft fleece jacket for a pillow.
The bathroom sink and shower faucets never kept a constant temperature. My showers went from cold to scalding hot. Yikes. There was no bar soap, no shampoo and conditioner (only a general liquid soap) no wash rag (normal for many hotels), and strangely no writing pen, although a small notepad was on the table.
Before dinner I went down to the reception desk to exchange dollars for a few more Euros, but was told none were available. They may have very limited times for currency exchange. The next morning they still could not provide euros.
This was the only hotel on my trip that I was anxious to get out of. Not a good impression, and totally opposite in quality when compared to the very nice Austria Trend Hotel Savoyen in Vienna. If you are an independent traveler, find another hotel in Ljubljana. If you are on a tour package that includes this hotel, then be prepared to use taxis, be careful with your shower water temperature, and watch for sharp bed corners.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

This was our 3rd time staying in Austria Trend hotels. We don't overthink because the service is excelent! Everyone is very pleasant, friendly and great at their jobs. Breakfast is outstanding! Great quality of food and everything is fresh. There is a small parking in front of the hotel. Reservation is needed and its 10e per night, but it's worth it.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear "ancha_bosh", we are so pleased to know you enjoyed staying with us every time and that your expectations were always met when you paid us a visit. Thank you sincerely for taking time to write this review and for keep comming back. We promise to keep our standards high also in the future, so we look forward to your future visits. J Osterman, GM.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We had a family room executive price was 153euro. Nice room, clean and a big bathroom with extra toilet. Minibar not the best I've seen.
Nice staff, the restaurant on the second floor seemed a little bit fancy for us, we had traveled all day by car through Czech Republic and Austria so we took the sports bar on the ground floor, the menu is hamburgers, salads, snack menu etc.
price ok and the food gets 3,5 out of 5.
No pool or anything at the hotel for the family, except a very nice spa for the grown ups in the cellar which also costs extra.
Did not find a children's corner either, had a little problem explaining myself with one of the staff members who did not spoke a word of English, but we did a very good job with gestures and had fun.
The kids was a little disappointed at the hotel but I had fun trying to explain to them who all the famous people were who had stayed at the hotel, there is list on the ground floor next to the elevator but my daughters do NOT care about Ben Affleck.
So we went to the BTC mall instead which is only 3000 meters from the hotel, excellent mall

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear "Magnus O", thanks a lot for taking time to write about your experience with your stay at Austria Trend Hotel Ljubljana. J Osterman, GM.