“THE place to stay in Ljubljana”
Review of Hotel Cubo

Hotel Cubo
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Ljubljana
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I booked Hotel Cubo by pure chance on the internet, little did I know I am in for a rather nice surprise! Taking into account the price, location, services, food etc, this was arguably one of the best boutique hotel I've stayed in, EVER. To begin with, the hotel location itself is a plus point, being within 5 minutes walking distance to the old city.

When we arrivd from Bled, we were told that our room bookings were messed up and only 1 night was registered instead of 2. The hotel manager was extremely apologetic, immediately arranged for us to stay in another 5 star hotel, at the original rate we expected and our room in Cubo for the next night was compliementary with an upgrade! All the staff were friendly, professional and showed great enthusiasim in making sure you are well taken care of.

The room we were allocated was, as the pictures shown very modern, stylish and spacious. Free mini-bar and wi-fi adds to the perks. Breakfast was very good, with fresh fruits and mini canape-like bites. We also had dinner at the hotel, which I have to say has a higher standard than most of hotel restaurants. The desserts were divine, make sure you try some of them even if you don't end up having dinner in the restaurant.

Overall, I am very glad I choose Hotel Cubo for my trip to Ljubljana. The city itself was wonderful but the fact that we stayed in Cubo made our trip that much lovelier. I would highly recommend Hotel Cubo!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,115)

Reviewed 22 October 2011

This was the best hotel we stayed in in Euorope for an 8 week trip. It was spacious, clean and luxurious and they went the extra mileto ensure a great stay organising a specialrogram so my husband could watch the rugby worldcup. They realky cared about their guests. Wonderful customer service, great breakfast, really lovely hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2011

This new hotel is located on one of the main streets of the city and very close to the old city center and with a view on the castle.
The staff was very friendly and professional. The rooms are very stylish and with all the comfort you need. The mini bar is free and so is the WiFi.

Reviewed 9 October 2011

Very good location, good design and very friendly service! The rooms are not huge but clean and comfortable, with a nice transition between bathroom and bedroom (in my room there was a kind of alcove-sofa, very cool). Breakfast is good, although it would benefit from freshly squeezed juices... I have tried several hotels in Ljubljana, this is without doubts the best sofar!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Matevz, Manager at Hotel Cubo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are sorry that you missed fresh juices - they are available upon request (free of charge) but it is missing on the table menu (which we will correct when we redesign the breakfast in the near future).

Reviewed 8 October 2011

Stayed here during a business trip to Slovenia. I really enjoyed my stay in this contemprary hotel which has only been running service for a couple of months.

Breakfast was excellent, the wireless wasn't really working for my needs. It didn't support VPN tunnels wich is essential for me and most business travellers. Surfing the net worked like a charm. No problem since there are a lot of bars/cafés offering free wifi in the town.

The personnel were alwasy willing to help and discrete. They liked their new hotel, and did everything possible to get me and other customers satisfied.

I had a room towards the street and it's very well insulated. You here it's a street outside but not disturbing.

I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Matevz, Manager at Hotel Cubo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

We have checked the issue of VPN tunnels with our IT. We do not in any way prevent or limit opening of VPN channels in our WiFi, so it must have been a problem elsewhere. If you encounter the same problem during your next visit, please let us know and we will sort it out.