Lesar Hotel Angel
Hotel Mrak(Ljubljana)
Hotel Cubo(Ljubljana)
Hotel Emonec(Ljubljana)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsboutique hotelthe penthouseold towntop floorsmall hotellovely boutiqueprivate terracepedestrian zoneheated floorsboutique shopswake up callloved this hotelunderfloor heatingfinal morningperfect locationbeautiful hotelthe river
Reviewed 23 January 2016 via mobile

Visited Ljubljana in December for a weekend break. Stayed at Lesar Hotel Angel which was perfect. Good value, very welcoming staff and very cosy lounge which had a constant supply of fresh coffee, tea, biscuits and pastries. I would highly recommend and hope to go back next year

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2016

Last time visited in December 2015 with family

See… the attractive interior, embracing with comfort and warmth

Smell… the flavours of the rich by choice and volume breakfast

Taste… delicious breakfast arranged with style, the white compliment chockolate in the room

Feel and Experience… the atmosphere of an old city house, comfortable, warm and welcoming

Hear… the cathedral bell peal; classical music light and cheerful, running from the speakers of the hotel directly onto the street

In the heart of the old city of Ljubljana, close to the river Ljubljanica, in an old beautiful building awaits Lesar Hotel Angel. If you hear a classical music, warming your ears and soul, follow its sounds. There at its source you will find a small and a very stylish hotel. You will be welcomed by smiling and courteous people who will accommodate you very fast, respond adequately and with elegance to your sense of humor. You will feel comfortable like in an old city house and you can’t miss the funny decoration with rag cats on the window sills.
It is recommendable and necessary to make a reservation in advance, otherwise you may miss the pleasure to be a guest of this attractive hotel.
The rooms are comfortable, spacious enough and warm. On the coffee table in our suite was left a Welcome! white chocolate as a compliment which was very tasty.
There is also a hot water jug, tea, Nescafe and sugar but I would recommend to visit any of the nice cafes in the old town if you need to drink something hot and delicious.
If you are pretentious to cosmetics or with a delicate skin I recommend to bring creams, conditioners, lotions of your own. The hotel also offers some minimum range of such things.
Besides the wonderful interior and comfort, the hotel offers a tasty, arranged with style breakfast. Apart from the rich buffet meal, you can order eggs, cooked in several styles, espresso and cappuccino. All these are included in the price of the breakfast.
There is also a small courtyard with a garden and one of the suites even has an exit directly to it.
I would recommend this hotel and I personally would stay there again. It is also worth to have a stroll in the small picturesque streets of the old city of Ljubljana.

Address: Gornji trg 7, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Tel: +386 (0) 1 425 50 89
For more reviews and Bulgarian language versions you can google for placescases.

Stayed: December 2015
3  Thank PlacesCases
Reviewed 24 December 2015

I was looking forward to my second visit to Hotel Lesar Angel, and I was so certain I would love it the second time around that I did not hesitate to make a pre-paid, non-refundable reservation.

This second visit should have occurred after my time in Serbia -- but I was on an overnight train to Ljubljana that stopped in the dead of night when Croatia unexpectedly closed its border to prevent an influx of Syrian refugees. I had no choice but to wait on the train until it returned to Belgrade the following morning.

I showed up at Square Nine Hotel (where I had just stayed) in a bedraggled and distraught state, but the staff graciously served me breakfast and allowed me to use their lobby, internet, rest rooms, etc. as I attempted to salvage the rest of my trip. I learned that flying was the only way to be sure of crossing borders during this unstable time, but could not find a flight to Ljubljana right away. I contacted Hotel Lesar Angel, explained my predicament, and asked if I could postpone my arrival. The only thing the hotel could do was recommend that I keep my existing reservation and try to arrive by private car--despite local information that this was an unreliable and possibly dangerous way to travel.

I ended up skipping Slovenia entirely and flew to Split, Croatia. Since that flight also could not be arranged for a couple more days, I waited in Serbia, which was fine because Belgrade is a wonderful city, but I had huge and unexpected expenses of additional flights, additional hotel costs, the sadness of canceling much anticipated tours with Slovenia Explorer, and -- most of all -- the disappointment of the complete lack of help from Hotel Lesar Angel which kept my prepayment and refused to negotiate any sort of concession or alternate arrangement, such as applying my prepayment toward some future stay.

I understand that Hotel Lesar Angel had no obligation, but I was surprised that, dependent on tourism as they are and in the midst of this international crisis in which I was haplessly stuck, they chose not to help in the slightest way. They simply kept my money--and permanently lost a customer who once wrote them glowing reviews.

Chances are that when I return to the Balkans (and I definitely will return--it is a beautiful part of the world, and I have so much more to explore there) I will not return to Ljubljana. Hotel Lesar Angel was an integral part of my enjoyment there. With that having soured, and with Serbians and Croatians being so hospitable in stark contrast, it is an easy though sad decision to make.

If you are thinking of visiting the hotel, and you manage to arrive on schedule, you will probably have a wonderful stay. But if you have an emergency that you cannot help, don't expect any consideration.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Jasmine_and_Pelicans
LH_Angel, Guest Relations Manager at Lesar Hotel Angel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2015

Dear madam,

Let me thank you for your opinion on the matter.

We do remember the situation, and however we can agree that the current refugee crisis is a terrible thing, we have offered you 3 alternatives to the train ride and flight to reach Ljubljana and have also assured you that Ljubljana is absolutely safe and that we have not been impacted by the passing-by refugee flow.

The non-refundable reservation certainly offers a better price, but comes with the risks. We try to help our guests and meet them half-way if there is an extraordinary unsolvable situation, otherwise we offer alternative options. I am sorry we could not come to such a mutual solution.

kind regards.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

My husband and I (a Finnish couple in our 50's) spent a long weekend in Ljubljana the first weekend of October in 2015. We chose to stay at Lesar Hotel Angel based on my quite thorough googling and choosing. It turned out to be a fantastic choice! Our flight arrived late in the night and I had booked the hotel's chauffeur to meet us. He brought us to the hotel, carried our bag and opened the door (as Lesar doesn't have personnel available during the night). The hotel's situation is fantastic for a weekend getaway. The room was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. The good beds are said to be the hotel's pride. The breakfast was AMAZING and we enjoyed it well and long. I can recommend Lesar Hotel Angel with all my heart. We will certainly come back.

Room Tip: Please note that there is no elevator and the stairs are steep.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2015 via mobile

The location was ideal for this solo female traveller ... Stepped into the street and almost right ad midst all the atmosphere that is Lljubjuana Old Town on a December night! The centre of the city less than 5 (very atmospheric) minutes walk away, with markets, Christmas lights, cafes and restaurants right on the doorstep!
The stairs were no problem as staff attended to my luggage. The breakfast was just lovely, with a different speciality every day...lots of fresh fruit, pastries and fresh bread ... Which I woke to the smell of baking each morning! Lovely too to have the nearby church bells as an alarm clock each day! Room very comfortable, warm and quiet.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo