All reviews hotel manager great hotel local calls pre loaded breakfast selection is old town great shower rooms are clean and spacious perfect location one night stay quiet area hotel located stayed longer triple bridge breakfast was amazing family room minutes walk away
Reviewed 29 October 2018

I stayed here for 4 nights at the end of September with my Brother on our first trip to Slovenia. The staff were so helpful and genuinely kind, with lots of advice/recommendations on how to best travel around the city and the country, everyone spoke brilliant English and we gave our best shot at basic Slovenian.

The Urban Hotel is located in a perfect location for exploring Ljubljana; just a short walk to the Triple Bridge, City Centre, Tivoli Park and the Castle. Breakfast was included each day and had a great mixture of food and drink including homemade and local delicacies along with meats, cheese, cereals and cakes.

The room was a twin room on the 4th floor and was beautifully designed, spacious and comfortable. It was extremely clean along with the rest of the hotel. The hotel also give you a smartphone pre-loaded with useful apps and credit to make some calls, also really good was on the TV which had guides and info on about the hotel and area.

The location is also perfect for visiting the rest of Slovenia as it is only a short walk to the train/bus station where we travelled to Piran on the coast (a beautiful Venetian salt trading port), Lake Bled & Lake Bohinj (stunning Alpine Lakes) and Postojna Cave Park & Predjama Castle (amazing cave structure with train and an awesome castle built into a cave/cliff face).

I can honestly say I could not fault a single part of our stay at the Urban Hotel and it would be great to return one day to experience even more of this great city, country, and culture; plus I need to hire one of the free scooters for definite next time!

Hvala!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Not very often I have met a more service minded team that Spela Mencinger, Hotel Manager, and her team can show!
Spela is always there sone how, understanding our needs before we could think of them :)

We have been taken good care of, and all the arrangements and transports etc. Has been fantastic.

Thank you for making our trip with all 12 friends a special one.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights here and wished we stayed longer. Rooms and bathroom are spacious, modern; cleaned everyday. Bed and pillows were comfortable. The air conditioning was not cool enough so we opened the windows - not a problem because it was very quiet outside. Mosquitoes were the only issue.

It’s a short walk to the Triple Bridge and Preseren Square, which were so beautiful at night! Very safe and quiet, even though it was just behind the main street. The door locks at 10pm and you can access it only with your key.

We loved their breakfast! Lots of choices and I like that they have various dried fruits, cereals and nuts to mix with yogurt. All pastries and bread baked in-house. Meats included various sausages, bacon and hams. Coffee and tea served all day.

We were provided a phone to make local calls. The bathroom has amenities and is well-provisioned with toothbrushes, hygiene products, slippers and a hairdryer. You can also use the laundry for EUR5.

The staff is very warm, helpful and friendly. Check-in/our was fast. Restaurant service very good. We got lots of great suggestions on where to have dinner. Overall a highly recommended hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Three nights spent here during a rather cool spell in late September. Difficult to strike the right balance for this review. As others have said the staff are helpful and great. This despite problems at registration upon arrival which took 30 mins to sort out. (You changed your reservation to come in tomorrow. I did not – and you arranged my pickup from the airport this afternoon. I do not have a room for you today. I must call my manager. Have you got the reservation? Yes. Did you reserve directly or through a third party? Directly. Could I see the reservation? Yes. Could I see the email enclosing the reservation? Fortunately yes. All while on phone to the manager. Eventually – ‘member of staff who was new incorrectly changed your arrival date. We do have a room for you’ All with good humour on both sides and with apologies throughout the process by a really lovely person.) The room was OK. Probably an upgrade. The double bed had two separate mattresses, one hard and one soft – so the framed diagram stated which invited me to take my pick. If I was two persons it may have led to an altercation. Room and bathroom spotless and clearly overseen by person with experience of hotel design. Room and bathroom upgraded in recent past. But there was little to make the room feel inviting over and above basic design. The hotel, described as boutique, is better described as small and locally managed. The common areas are, to say the least, basic. The ‘Lounge’ looks like and doubles as an overflow breakfast room. But the breakfast buffet was great even if decent coffee was extra. In my room the shower temperature control was defective. Took two days to rectify. When I asked after 24 hours I was told that the ‘handyman was not in yesterday’. And the whole place was cold. Upon enquiry “Too early to turn the heating on”. Heated towel rail. Tried to turn it on. It produced circulating water through that was so cold that water condensed on the rails and left a puddle underneath. It would not turn off. And this with outside temperatures of 6C overnight. With no heating. Was told the aircon would also heat. But it did not. Probably again ‘too early to turn the switch on’. Room and bathroom cold in the morning. To me boutique hotel means cosy ambience with personalised service. Personalised service it certainly has. Cosy it was not. Central it certainly is. Spotlessly clean. And I cannot speak too highly off the staff who were both friendly and as helpful as circumstances would allow. For the price - not great value.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank John P
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights..Friendly front desk. Hotel lounge provides free coffee n tea 24/7. Hotel located in side lane..walking distance to the riverside, morning market..Room is comfortable and spacious. Strongly recommended

Trip type: Travelled solo