All reviews wellness centre lake view nice hotel corner suite pool complex visited this hotel large tour groups buffet style buffet dinner air conditioning bled castle pleasant stay large balcony enjoy the view spa facilities half board julian alps
Reviewed 24 April 2018

We were on a Gate1 trip that used the hotel. When we arrived my wife immediately went to the desk to ask about an upgrade to a view room. She was told it would be an additional 20 Euro per night for a view, but we could also get a suite for an extra 40 Euro per night. We went with the suite. It has a wrap-around balcony with 2 lounge chairs, and a table and two chairs.The room was bigger than the condo unit I owned for over a decade. Huge. It had two small couches and a dinning room table with 4 chairs. We could have thrown a good size party in there. Spend the extra 40 Euro - go with a corner unit suite. The view of the castle and lake is amazing. I got some great night shots of the castle lit up.

The hotel just completed an upgrade. The room had new carpet, furniture, doors, etc. It was a very good room, with a few small issues. One electrical outlet in the bathroom came out of the wall when I unplugged the hair dryer. No problem, I used the other one and let the front desk know about the issue.

I also found an unusual issue. The bathroom doors are mirror on both sides. At night, with the lights off in the rooms and the light on in the bathroom the doors are see-through. Pretty funny, unless you are in the hallway and someone is on the toilet, because you can see them. When I let the front desk know they looked puzzled and said that 'no one has noticed that before now'. All it would take to correct it is slide a thin piece of veneer between the mirrors. Not a big deal.

Stay here. Get the suite. You won't be sorry.

Room Tip: Get a corner room (like 220) with a view of the lake and castle. It has a huge wrap-around desk that is perfect for pictures.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
URŠA J, Guest Relations Manager at Rikli Balance Hotel (ex Hotel Golf), responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Dear valued guest,

We certainly value your patronage and are very appreciative of your feedback and would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are always very happy for having satisfied guests. And we are trying to do everything to make you and other guests feel good and comfortable with us. Regarding to our renovated hotel we are working to eliminate details like you mentioned.
We are looking forward to welcome you soon.
Kind regards,
Ursa Jerala

Reviewed 4 April 2018

When we check in and when to the room, I notice that the soap and shampoo was too small. And the next day when we went back to the room they did not replenish the soap and the shampoo. Including the complimentary water was not replenish too. And another item that I notice is that the floor towel and the face towel were the same. I check with the rooms of our companoin, they have the same hand towel use as floor tower. With only one of our companion the floor towel has monogram of the name of the hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank PCT555
URŠA J, Guest Relations Manager at Rikli Balance Hotel (ex Hotel Golf), responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear valued guest,
We would like to express our sincere gratitude for your recent stay. We were delighted to have you as our valued guests and appreciate both your appraisal and the constructive feedback you kindly provided, which will serve as valuable contribution as well as guideline for us to better our services in the future.
We will replace our currents saops and shampoos with dispenser sets to make guests staying better.
We reorganized towel storage therefore all will be well presented for your next arrival.
You are more than welcome to our renovated Hotel Rikli Balance.
Kind regards,

Urska Jerala

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

The rooms are renovated and looks very intelligent and comfortable. From 15.01.2018 the hotel will be closed for general renovation, I strongly believe that will be a great new page in hotel’s history!
SPA center is their strong point. On Bled does not exist something similar... I recommend to take rooms on the 5-th floor with lake view- you’ll have a unbelievable panorama view to the lake and to the castle.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank AdrianChD
Blaz P, Front Office Manager at Rikli Balance Hotel (ex Hotel Golf), responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear AdrianChD,

I am happy and trilled that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully you might return soon to inspect the brand new public areas, the looby and the restaurant that will be done in the same style as the rooms. Please note that the hotel will also change its name to HOTEL RIKLI BLED which will honour the great Arnold Rikli which was the founder of what we nawadays call wellness in the far year of 1865. Should you like to know more about his famous story you are welcome to explore it once again here in magical Bled. The hotel will reopen on the 21.3.2018 and you are cordially invited.

Best Regards,
Blaž Pretnar
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 5 January 2018

This hotel is situated 5 minutes walk down to lake bled, where there are lots of little shops, bars and restaurants. The hotel rooms are very spacious I think they all have a balcony that you can sit out on and the shower was one of the best I had ever had. The staff are lovely, especially the red haired lady that served us every night, she worked really hard, was very attentive and always happy. Food was great, buffet breakfast and dinner with so much to choose from. The only reason I didn't give this hotel 5 stars was because it was so hot, I had my air con on as low as it would go and kept the balcony window open until I went to bed and still couldn't cool the room down, and this was in December. I didn't use the wellness centre so can't comment on this, but there were lots of children here, so I can imagine the pool could have been quite busy. I would definitely return to this hotel if back in the area and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a lakeside view - but you may have to pay extra
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank KAZzzPAZzz
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Excellent hotel rooms with nice view to the lake and castle on the hill. We ordered cold dinner as we came late it was splendid with lot of choice cheese,vegetables and cakes. Rooms are splendid large good for alergic people in woody style.rooms have ketle for prepare tea or coffee. Breakfast and dinner buffet are excellent with nice choice for everybody hotel is good for families with children as they have big spa with nice toboggan.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple