“Location is what matters in slovenia”
Review of Park Hotel Bled

Park Hotel Bled
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Bled
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Our tour guide constantly mentioned that people come from all around the world to lake bled to relax and breath in some good air.. Well that's true. My trip to bled left me feeling relaxed and refreshed. The hotel was located right next to the lake. The location is spot on. The views from the room are perfect. The decor lacks and so does the room service. Don't expect to have a tea kettle or an iron in your room. But I think the location of the hotel helps it from failing. As long as your close to the lake your doing the right thing in bled. Overall it's a okay hotel definitely not one of the best.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nish x
Management response:Responded 23 June 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you were not completely satisfied with your stay at our hotel. It is true that our rooms are a bit dated but we try to compensate for this by offering our guests friendly and competent service. Despite all, I am happy you were able to appreciate the greatest advantage of our hotel – its outstanding location right in the centre of Bled and beautiful views.

Mojca Krašovec
Hotel Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,126)

Reviewed 18 June 2012 via mobile

Great location - we had lake view. The best bit was the buffet. The food was amazing, not the usual hotel buffet dinner. Rooms were ok, slightly outdated bed spread but overall big and comfy

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Amyandben1986
Reviewed 17 June 2012

The best located hotel in Bled - next to promenade, supermarket, major tourist agencies, also it is a perfect start point for walking trips in Bled surrounding. Good breakfast and friendly staff -all this made our stay there very enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zilber62
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I paid for a lakeside view and was delighted with the view (apart from the adjacent wall on the balcony which obliterated some of the lake view) but had an excellent view of the church and castle. I cannot fault the hotel or the staff (some of the waitresses were more 'smiley' than others). The room was beautiful and spotlessly clean. The food and choice at mealtimes was exceptional, especially the freshness of the ingredients. The hotel is in a good location with easy access to the bus station, shops and lake. I think the lakeside rooms may be a bit noisy in peak season as there is a bar underneath the hotel rooms. This may be rectified by closing the windows and resorting to the air conditioning.

Room Tip: higher rooms have a better view of the lake. rooms at the back may be quieter but you don't get...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Sallysan
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I felt this hotel was a bit tired. We were with a tour group and I felt service was a bit ordinary, we were treated badly in the breakfast room. I went to reception for a towel and because of the shock of finding a naked man in the sauna ( I'm not used to that) I left wet from the pool area, I was told to leave my towel behind I said I would return it as I was not walking through the hotel dripping wet. Well I had my room searched For this towel the next day even though I said I would return It.

Food was fairly good

Room Tip: Would recommend a lake view room otherwise find one that does
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank lainey007
Management response:Responded 23 June 2012

Dear guest,

I am sorry that you were offended by your experience in our saunas, however allow me to point out that but our sauna rules are clearly stated at the entrance to the sauna area where there is also a sign that the use of saunas in bathing suits is not permitted. We are aware of the cultural differences and respect them therefore I understand that you felt upset. In future, we will make sure that all guests visiting our saunas are notified of our sauna rules in order to prevent such unpleasant surprises.

Regarding your comment about the towel I am sure you were aware of our regime of towel cards which guests are issued in exchange for pool and sauna towels. Our housekeeping is removing all towels which belong to the pool and sauna area from the guestrooms. This is a normal procedure and is not a sign of distrust against any of our guests.

Mojca Krašovec