InterContinental Warszawa
US$93
US$116
US$102
3,200 results
All reviewstop floorswimming poolharp playerthe club loungegreat hotelpillow menuold towncorner roomhard rock cafeshopping mallnespresso machinean upgradegreat roomtrain stationstandard roomlarge bathroomfive star hotel
Reviewed 1 March 2012

+ location is definitely superb - across the road from Palace of Culture and Science (which could look even more beautiful if slightly refurbished since the day it was built), Zloty Tarasy shopping mall, Central train station etc. Only the Holiday Inn is located this central, all other hotels are farther
+ nice rooms and views, especially from the club floors
+ very good breakfast, but sometimes crowded
+ late check-in till 14:00 was free of charge
+ thanks to concierge who was very nice to help and arrange the birthday cake for my girlfriend

- our room wasn't cleaned one day, even with the "make-up room" sign hanging on the door
- the Platter restaurant, rated as #1 on TripAdvisor, really didn't leave a fine impression. Waiters could be more attentive and the food was average at best.
- some towels are old and worn
- the bellman never helped us with our luggage, except when we took the hotel's car to airport (which costs only 20 zl more than ordinary taxi - not so much for 5* hotel)

Last time we stayed at Westin, and it was better in terms of service and room quality.

Room Tip: the higher - the better
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Warszawa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for having chosen Intercontinental Warszawa for your recent visit and I hope you had a pleasant and comfortable journey back home.

Your opinion is very important and valuable for us as and stays as a reward and motivation for the entire team. It was with great concern that I learned of the disappointment felt by you with relation to your in house experience and service throughout the stay.

Whilst I can assure you , that the issue raised has been addressed and appropriate action taken to prevent any customer being similarly inconvenienced in the future.
Please accept our sincere apologies on behalf of the entire team and myself for any discomfort experienced and uncharacteristic Housekeeping service.

On another hand, I was delighted to hear the hotel was able to properly address your concern, so you were able to enjoy your stay.

In closing, may I thank you, once again, for taking the time to bring your concerns to my attention.

We are grateful for your support and do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you to our Hotel in the future.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 29 February 2012

excellent hotel- big rooms, very clean, huge variety of food at breakfast (including sushi), helpful and nice staff. there's a pool and rooms with a great view of Warsaw.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The Good
The location is perfect – walking distance form the train station and right in the very centre of Warsaw. Couldn’t be more central in fact. Swimming pool and gym on the top (46?) floor offer a magnificent view of the city, but even the rooms located on the 15th have some nice views. My bed was extremely comfortable. I got a great weekend price for the first night through booking and even better price from the reception desk when I decided to stay another night. I got upgraded to a small apartment with kitchenette, which I did not use but the room seemed more spacious then the last one I stayed in there.

The Bad
Although I was told at the arrival that I will be given free Internet access – the system still asked me for a prepaid key, calling room service did not help as no one heard about any free internet. I didn’t proceed in solving the problem and used my mobile internet. The internet charges are outraging there.

I left a dirty coffee cup, wine glass and an ashtray in my room. The cleaning person decided to put it in a mini-dishwasher in my kitchenette (three small dishes!) and I found the dishwasher on and working upon my arrival. A bit silly, very un-eco and inconvenient as I had to wait till the end of the washing cycle and empty my dishwasher:)

The ugly
The room was very clean, but the windows at the swimming pool area were all water-stained. As the swimming pool view is one of this hotel’s main assets (and everyone is starring through these windows) they should wash them a bit more often.
The ala carte “English breakfast” ordered at the Wedel cafe downstairs was hardly edible – cold scrambled eggs, tasting-like-from-the-can beans and pood quality sausages. I heard great things about their breakfast buffet - maybe it would be a better choice.

Over all – a pleasant stay and good value for the money (160 Euro for two nights on a weekend)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Warszawa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for having chosen Intercontinental Warszawa for your recent visit in Warsaw and I hope you had a pleasant and comfortable journey back home.

Firstly, I am pleased to advise that as one of Warsaw’s first hotels, on the 1st of December 2011 we have completed the installation of WiFi to all out guest rooms.

Moreover as of January 2012 guests who booked trough Intercontinental.com, or IGH.com will receive a basic level of Complimentary WIFI in their room.
I do sincerely hope you will be able to take advantage of the offer as we would welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence in our services.

I have also shared your comments regarding breakfast at Wedel Restaurant with Food and Beverage Manager, however it is in line with other 5 star properties in Warsaw.
Our breakfast is always scored very high by the guest in periodical guest satisfaction surveys and we have been rewarded within our brand regarding the quality of the breakfast where we served freshes and high quality of products.
This is by no means an excuse and is intended as an explanation only.

We do fully understand your disappointment with the situation described are grateful for your input, which will assist us in maintaining the high standards of service we strive to attain.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you've experienced during your visit at the Wellness Centre. We deeply regret that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion. Usually any such falls are noticed and action taken to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenience in the future. I do apologize that these issue was not brought to the attention of Fitness Manager or team sooner.

As a gesture of goodwill and to regain your confidence in our services, I would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade and VIP treatment for your future stay with us.

Apologizing again for the inconvenience experienced whilst hoping to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future, in the meantime,

I remain,

Reviewed 25 February 2012

One of the best big hotels in Warsaw. Spectacular view over entire city. Tasty breakfast with life music. Complimentary tee, coffe in room, wine and fruits when you upgrade. Very centrally located. If you look for special deals you can get great rate.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Guest satisfaction is the backbone of our hotels and is the key to our success. Your comments have been forwarded to the management so all involved can share in the warm views you have expressed and be recognized for their efforts.

Once again, we appreciate your positive feedback and for giving all of us at IHG another reason to be proud of our hotels. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed there for 9 nights in Feb and was really happy with the place. The rooms are spacious and clean and the view fantastic, particularly in the gym. Breakfast is great (how many places have you been where you get live harp while you eat scrambled eggs, really?although my taste would lean towards more classical and mess muzak). The hotel is very conveniently located with many decent options for dinner around. The shopping mall next door has - among other - a large and convenient supermarket. The only problems I had were a) although I only travel with one medium-size suitcase, I always find that there are not enough drawers for clothes b) two elevators seems to be out of service (or maybe permanently reserved for some guests?) and at peak times you have to wait for 5 minutes for one to appear. It may not sound like much, but it's pretty annoying. c) very limited space in the fridge for your own food. I am being fussy though, overall, a great place for a business stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having chosen the Inter-Continental for your recent visit to Warsaw, we much appreciate you having taken the time to provide most valuable comments on your stay.

I am pleased to learn that we fulfilled your expectations, and I assure you that your comments will help us to maintain our high standards of service.

Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned.

We are grateful for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again to InterContinental Warszawa.

Yours sincerely,