I stayed here for two nights. Normally I book the Marriott but I am glad the meeting was held in the InterContinental this time.
Check-in went smooth and front desk rep was friendly and confirmed that a no noise room had been reserved for me. The rooms are of the better kind of hotel rooms. Spacious, nice design, amazing view (stayed on the 33rd floor, corner room), and all amenities are more than present. The rooms are very sound proof. Internet works great and, in my case, was for free. The rooms are also equipped with an Iphone music docking station. An Nespresso machine is also part of the amenities in the room.
The breakfast is excellent as well, wide selection of foods, and friendly, service oriented staff. On the second day, there was a harpist playing, very relaxing.
The only two things I did not enjoy that much was first the housekeeping lady. She wasn't able to speak English and she was shouting and argueing when I asked for some coffee in the room. Second, the fact that a hotel taxi was arranged for me without informing me in advance rather than a normal taxi which resulted in double the rate I would normally pay for the trip.
A well deserved 4 star. Some small suggestions to make they stay more than perfect:
- Add toothpaste in the set of amenities
- Better stuffed standard pillows
- Eggs Benedict in breakfast line up
- Alarm clock with brighter/easier to read display
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star InterContinental Warsaw is an impressive addition to the ever-expanding skyline. Located in the financial district opposite the Palace of Culture and Science, the hotel is a short distance from the main railway station, charming Old Town and the Warsaw Philharmonic. Well worth a visit are the Frederic Chopin Museum and Lazienki Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your InterContinental Hotel Warsaw reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.