All reviews nowy swiat within walking distance excellent location wi fi single room rooms are big comfortable beds by foot hotel is situated buffet breakfast culture warszawa conference square
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

I wouldn’t tell anyone not to stay here, but this was my second time and I’ll choose someplace else in the future.

It all went wrong at check-in when I arrived to find a couple of people ahead of me, but for reasons still unclear to me, the front desk had issues with each and I only got to the desk after waiting 25 minutes. My own check-in took 2 minutes so it demonstrated the front desk couldn’t recognise there were a lot of people waiting and find a way to accommodate the situation. I spoke with one of the staff (who was involved) later about it and she wasn’t very apologetic and didn’t even seem to recognise there had been an issue.

My bed was another issue. The rooms with two singles have this thin mattress on top of the thick mattress built into the frame. They slide. I almost fell out of my bed because one side was hanging over the ledge. It is really a poor design.

No fridge; a hot water heater, but no coffee or tea; a salvageable breakfast; dicey WiFi.

All in all I don’t like hotels who pretend to be something they are not. This was (probably) once a proud place, but it is old and outdated now. The location is great and it is not horrible and if you get a good deal it might still be worth it, but keep your expectations in check. It is a budget hotel.

Date of stay: May 2018
2  Thank patentedmoves
Małgorzata P, Kierownik sprzedaży at Hotel Gromada Warszawa Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Guest,

We are thankful that you shared your experience regarding your stay at our hotel.

Please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that occurred during your stay.

We appreciate that you shared your concerns regarding your stay.

We want to improve our hotel standards so all feedback is very valuable to us.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Location wise I simply loved the place. It was close to so many restaurants and tourist places. The price was under 90 euro so I booked the place with breakfast . The breakfast was amazing , the staff was very helpful. The only thing I didn't like about the hotel was the poorly done decor which did not compliment the modern facade of the building . If I come again I might stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay and those excellent notes.
Nice complements from our guests are the best motivation for us.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

So let's start with location, perfect really. Great restaurants and bars near by - very well located. The hotel itself is a bit tired, the rooms need returbs and although the rooms are very clean, you could fix the toilet seats. I changed rooms and both had broken seats! Also beware of the 6th floor it can be extremely hot up there, and aircon, well that just doesn't work I think it's past it's date. Staff here are ok, they seem to flip a lot of rooms here with business and large groups of tourist so sometimes it feels like they don't really care about you. The breakfast here is great, well done to the kitchen they change the cooked food daily so your not eating the same boring thing everyday! Overall it's an ok hotel.

Date of stay: March 2018

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for placing your kind comments on this site and sharing your feedback with other travellers.
Thank you for your visit and we hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

First of all that was not my choice to stay there as it was booked by employeer.
I wouldn't call this a budget hotel as price is exactly at same level as others in vincinity which are more comfortable and much higher standard.
I remember comunistic times in Poland and you would start time travel back to 80's as you walk in. If you like to experience that have a go and stay there.
Room was clean as well as bathroom.
Beds were hard and some sort of roll away type, waking up with back pain in the morning.
Horrendous breakfast you should avoid, low quality products.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review.

Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

Hoping to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

It is what it is - a budget hotel, focused maily on business users I think. Nothing fancy, so you need to set your expectations accordingly.

On the positive side, its a great central location with clean and very warm rooms. Breakfast was fine with plenty of choices.

However, it is a bit tired and dated and the public areas (reception, bar, etc) are very uninspring.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for staying at our hotel!
We were delighted to read your review and to hear you had a good stay.