“Excellent Japanese restaurant”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Great Japanese restaurant. great choice.
Maki, tempura, tataki was Excellent quality.
Don't miss it...
Congratulation.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Being in Warsaw for about three weeks, a sushi craving convinced me to spend a little extra on a nice sushi dinner. My boyfriend and I have tried multiple sushi spots in the city and only about 3/10 experiences satisfied us, so we were ready to try something new.

Upon walking into the restaurant, we were bothered by moldy aroma. We sat down and took in our surroundings; the restaurant looked empty but quite impressive. That is until we looked at the boats that float around the table right in front of us, and they were quite dirty (most likely the boats that your food will float in when the restaurant is busy).
Our sushi server was the only nice part of the experience, meaning his English was good and he asked us our preferences with a smile. But once we received the food, we were both very disappointed. My boyfriend is better at recognizing poor sushi better than I was, so at the time it was ok for me to eat. Short summary of the food quality: poorly cooked rice and not-so-fresh ingredients.
Afterwards, we left the restaurant feeling slightly nauseous. Unfortunately, my craving was just not satisfied.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Upon entry, a strange odor reminiscent of mold hits you. You soon forget this, however, as the presentation around the seating area seems impressive at first. The chairs are places around the chef, with revolving, wooden boats delivering the food. That is until you're faced with the second warning sign, which is that the boats are strikingly filthy. Keep in mind, this is what your food is served on in busy hours.

Then, there's the food itself. Third warning. Our chef offered us ONIONS, Philadelphia cheese and lettuce in our rolls. Even without these ingredients, and with the sushi made traditionally, this is possibly the most appaling sushi we've ever had. I wish I could've called it bland and tasteless, but it went as far as make us downright nauseous.

On the upside, the staff were pleasant, but considering the sense of fifth and quality of the food, it's not enough to bring it up to a 2.

Too long, didn't read: smell of mold, filthy presentation, literally nauseating food.

2  Thank Prof_Roux
Reviewed 16 October 2017

The Chef asked us what we liked, and based on that he made us a faboulus meal based on different ingredience. Very good!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Visited on a saturday night. Reasonable sushi considering it's Poland. Nice and quiet neighbourhood.