See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

From outside the hotel looks damaged and old, but rooms are extremely clean, beds are comfortable, staff is friendly and the location is very good, so close to the Main Street of Lodz. Checkout is also good (12), so I recommend this place.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Paolo D
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Hotel swiatowit is the place you can really feel welcome. Nice and helpful staff at the reception. Very good breakfast. I was staying there 4 years ago and I am going to make reservations for a few days this year.for me is very important that hotel is located in the center of the city, is reasonably priced, clean, close to the transport system./bus stops, streetcars/

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed 28 April 2015

Good hotel for short stay, located in Lodz downtown, 10min walk to shoping mall GALERIA LODZKA. Average room, good breakfast, nice people in reception, cheap car parking 15pln only. Main Piotrkowska street just around the corner where are many bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: 9-11 floors - good view
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My group stayed in this hotel for three nights in June 2014. As an American traveling to Europe one has to adjust their expectations and take it down a few notches. Lodź is an interesting city and their are some new hotels just down the street from this one. So do your homework, compare prices, and find something within your budget.

Pros: price (like most things in Poland) is pretty reasonable. The location is fantastic. There is a corner store right next door to pick up fresh fruit, snacks, drinks ect. Plus the next street over is the main drag with tons of outdoor restaurants and bars. We were there during a festival and loved experiencing all of the people watching and live music.

Cons: be prepared to take a step and smell into a bygone era. Some people mentioned that some floors were renovated, we were not on one of those floors. Many of us felt like we were on some horror movie set with the dark lighting and random carpet stains in the hallway. The room itself was fairly comfortable, but the pillow was flat, the wifi signal spotty and no refrigerator, air conditioner, or hair dryer.

The hotel is basic and if all you need is a cheap place to sleep for a few nights then this will do just fine. If you are looking for something romantic or professional business class then you should shell out some more money for one of the newer hotels in town.

Room Tip: Try to request a renovated floor or a higher floor that can catch a good breeze in the summer.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sarah P
Reviewed 19 May 2014

At first glance this hotel is something out of the Pet Shop Boys 'Go West' video but don't let that put you off! The price is right, the staff are pleasant and most speak English. The beds..well, my bed, anyway...was very cosy and I always had a good night's sleep. The decor is a bit dated but that only added to the charm. I had my lunch there one day and I had the most succulent and tender chicken breast I've ever had in my life! Great location to see the dynamic and changing city of Lodz. Only drawback I felt was the lack of a hairdryer and tea/coffee-making facilities in my room. The elevators are a bit strange, too, but they do work very efficiently. Other than that, if I ever do come back to Lodz (and I hope I do), I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family