“Disappointing”

Ranked #39 of 979 Restaurants in Wroclaw
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Through cooking, you share what's best. Allow our cooks in the Art Restaurant and Café to take you on a culinary journey, seducing your senses with the author flavours and local specialities. Invite your friends here, enjoy! Take delight in our rich breakfasts, light lunches and elegant dinners - perfect for families, friends or contracting parties, indeed.
Reviewed 2 April 2017

I had a meal here on a Sunday evening. I had great hopes after having read the menu but the food was unappetising and the service poor. I don't know if they were short staffed but there seemed to be only one waitress and she was multitasking .

1  Thank Gwen N
AgnieszkaRadzikowska, Dyrektor generalny at Art Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Dear Purrpuss,
thank you for taking the time to share your opinion on TripAdvisor.
We very appreciate your input that gives us the opportunity to review the areas of our service that needs attention.
We do hope that we can welcome you back in the future and would be happy to have an opportunity to demonstrate to you our best service.
Best regards
Agnieszka Radzikowska

Reviewed 13 March 2017

I have stayed in various Wroclaw hotels including Sofitel, Art Hotel, Granary Suites, Monopole.
Best room goes to Granary Suites as spacious, clean, still new/crisp.
Best breakfast goes to Sofitel and is hard to beat. Huge selection but make sure you get them to make you a fresh omelette - full of flavour and cooked to perfection
The Art hotel is just that, very arty, large but quaint rooms. Quirky hotel with nice ambience.
The Monopol has the added extra of a swimming pool but bedrooms can be a bit stark & dark. Some of my colleagues didn't like the historic link to Hitler but then others would like that link to history - an individual choice

Reviewed 15 February 2017

The hotel is centrally located but a taxi ride from the railway station. The rooms were superficially ok but not really as good as expected. There was no bottled water available except from the overpriced bar. This part of the city can be quite noisy at night and as the room was uncomfortably hot, having the window open made sleep difficult. For Poland this hotel is well overpriced. It's ok but just ok. There are better places for this kind of budget.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

We had a family and friends meal there, in their private room. They did amazing job. Even though there was 17 of us, there was no problem with service. The food was just great! Highly recommended!

Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

I've been to quite a lot of 'fancy restaurants' before, so I am familiar with this kind of atmosphere, foods and customs.

The decor is nice as it should be. Very classy and gritty, but in a good way (use of lighting, furniture and decor such as a detailed giant toy boat). The starter is good, the traditional beetroot Polish soup with dumplings were simply delicious. The main course was fantastic and diverse, use of edible flowers, strange mushrooms, a tasty helping of lamb, okay potatoes (they were a bit dry, but that helped with the great amount of cooked plums, very good in taste and surprise) and overall just a good meal. The dessert, my beetroot brownie was......not that good. Okay do not get me wrong, the wild berry sauce was good, sharp sweet and sour, very good. But the brownie was dry, and if I did not have the sauce I would have thought that they brought this from a cheap bakery that was selling left over stalk.

Speaking of which, I was given an apple juice (their selection of drinks were very limiting, their alcohol collection were diverse however I do not drink alcohol, therefore I am limited to my options) and it's your standard, buy from a store apple juice you get at your local supermarket. It was not even cold! I was enjoying my fresh water more than my apple juice. Now that's just messed up in my opinion.

The service was nice, although a bit lacking in a couple parts. I can forgive this however, because this one dude was taking care of a lot of customers in a giant room of about 30 people. Furthermore he was polite, considerate despite being a bit overworked, and it was Christmas!