“Amazing”

Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: BERNARD PUB-RESTAURANT is the only place with such a good atmosphere in the heart of Wroclaw' s Town Square. It is a restaurant with a wide variety of beer, offering a great selection of European cuisine, with Czech cuisine taking a special place. Bernard makes its Guests feel comfortable, relaxed - here you can unwind and just chill out.Pleasing to the ear music in the background(on selected days live music)and behind a glass wall a unique view -right down to the colourful and dynamic market square of Wroclaw,create Bernard' s tranquil atmosphere. Friendly, competent and helpful staff, exceptional cuisine, delicious non-pasteurized beer and the unique atmosphere of Bernardoffers an unforgettable experience!
Reviewed 16 December 2017

We were away with friends for Wroclaw Christmas market ,when we found this place it was very busy but we dint mind waiting at the bar the staff are lovely to you ,we were seated in the window and had best view of the street ,the food was amazing the service very good and the staff very nice it was a lovely night with friends

1  Thank 142edwin
Write a ReviewReviews (1,658)

Reviewed 11 December 2017

We ate here on a Friday night while visiting the Christmas markets. With no reservation we were fortunate to secure a table for four after a short wait at the bar. The food was excellent, great home brewed beer, with prompt and efficient service. The meal was also excellent value for money, with 4 mains and 8 alcoholic drinks totalling only £50.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

I like spicy food, but on this trip I didn't want to find the best Indian curry. I wanted to eat "local".

I went with a colleague and we were lucky to get a table without having made a reservation.

The atmosphere was pretty good. It was already busy and our waitress was quite busy, though friendly. She was visibly pleased when we told the food was "delicious". She could see we meant it.

We both had the "Farmhouses cheeses salad" to start. The description on the menu doesn't do it justice. The flavours were much better than I imagined. For the main I wanted to try the "Goose with apples", but it was already finished, so I had "Duck with beetroot". Again, there was something artistic going on with the flavours. My colleague had the "Rabbit with pumpkin" and he was also very impressed. We both had Bernard's ice cream as a dessert. I think I liked the plum vodka flavour most.

The beer was pretty good too.

I would suggest the following strategy: On arrival in Wroclaw, book a table there for your last evening. I am sure it is possible to beat the food there, but unless you already know your way around Wroclaw, it is hit and miss. So have this place lined up for a good last meal in Wroclaw.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

The menu is changed pretty frequently. There are both traditional dishes and innovative ones. The waiters are really friendly and supportive and that they have their own beer doesn't hurt :)

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

My wife and I ate here on our recent trip to Wroclaw. We hadn't booked but were seated within 10 minutes which was perfectly acceptable as the Christmas market was on and the City centre was mobbed.
Service was very quick and friendly. The food was delicious.
Summing up, excellent food, good service in a lovely setting.