All reviews train station old town the main square minute walk great hotel triple room scrambled eggs shopping centre three star no tea coffee making facilities galleria krakowska air con shower cubicle recommend this hotel quiet street short break stayed here for nights
Reviewed 7 August 2015 via mobile

Literally a couple of minutes walk from the heart of the old town! Staff were so friendly and informative and made us feel right at home the second we arrived at the reception desk. Daily bus collection point to various tours like Auschwitz and Salt Mines.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Philip H
HotelDirector, Front Office Manager at Ascot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2015

Dear Guests,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed 2 August 2015

We are full time independent travelers so we have stayed in numerous hotels. We use online reviews, ratings, location, price & amenities in our selection, like most people. The Ascot met our criteria and met our expectations. A small hotel with friendly helpful staff. The location is perfect on a quiet side street which is straight shot over the pedestrian bridge from the train station on the edge of the old town….all within a short walk. Room was very comfortable and super clean. Breakfast had a great selection. Couldn’t ask for more. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AdventurousRetirees

Dear Guests,

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay at Ascot Hotel and would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here on Tripadvisor

Reviewed 25 July 2015

Hotel was clean, good showers, comfortable and in a great location, breakfast was also good. We had a room on the ground floor, very near the reception area and it was quite noisy at night and early morning.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 July 2015

The location of Ascot Hotel is just a short walk to the Old Market Square. The Reception Staff are very welcoming and helpful. We had to ask for a couple of phone calls to be made to confirm our pickup times for trips which were done without any hesitation. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The only downside was the train line outside was busy during the day but quiet at night. We would have preferred tea/coffee making in the room instead of going down to the bar and either staying downstairs or carrying it back up but the prices are ridiculously low! Breakfast is plentiful and one morning we had to leave early for a trip so a packed breakfast was provided. Ascot Hotel can arrange trips at good prices. Galleria Shopping Center is at the end of the street and it is enormous and again cheap. We picked up great bargains. I would definately return to Ascot Hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get room at front. Railway line runs at rear but not noisy through the night.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Rhona1958

Dear Guests,

We would like to thank you for the recommendations you have made and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ascot soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2015

Pros: Short walk from Galleria Krakowska/Krakow Glowny (this is why I booked it -- I wanted to be near train station) and Old Town. Reasonable price (I believe I paid $80+). Airconditioned (though in June, did not really need it). Generally clean. 24 hr reception. Free breakfast.

Cons: Although it seems like a somewhat safe area, you do go through some quiet/empty streets if you are coming from Rynek which might seem unsafe if you are not from the area. Nonetheless, I walked to the hotel at about 9 pm and did not have any trouble.There is a coffee shop / bar in the lobby that is fairly expensive (PLN 10 for a coffee). Toilet would not stop running and I almost asked to change rooms but found that if I jiggled the button/switch -- it would stop (staying just 1 night, I didn't want to go through the trouble -- but if I stayed longer, I probably would have asked to change rooms as it was annoying). Breakfast was okay -- your usual choice of cold cuts, cereal, eggs, bacon, etc.

I went to Krakow for work that day and I did not really spend a lot of time in my room -- basically just a place to leave my stuff, shower, change, and sleep. For this, I thought the hotel was adequate. I came back to Krakow the following week and I booked at a different hotel.

All in all -- nothing spectacular.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business