“Above and Beyond”

Ranked #22 of 259 Hotels in Krakow
Brisbane
“Above and Beyond”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Ditto to all the other good comments made. After a less than a comfortable 14 hr train trip, Andel's is right there at the Krakow Glowny(central rail station) on the beautiful Square. No traffic to fight. My arrival was 3 hrs late getting in about 12.00 midnight. Super tired and snow trek weary the staff welcomed me like I was their most important guest . My stay was one night only. When I asked for a 4.45 wakeup call as I had to be off by 5.30am they offered a takeaway breakfast parcel delivered promptly at 5.15am. The parcel was magnificient suffice to say my entire following day's travell was catered. They also made sure I had a room with a serene outlook, to maximise the little sleep I was going to have.Throughout my 5 week Europe holiday, this was my shortest accommodation stay, yet the most pleasant and memorable.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Teresa L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
england
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed here recently on route to Slovakia. Great welcome, responsive and informative reception staff, wonderful rooms with great bathrooms. Bar quite funky and breakfast very good. Close to railway station and easy to access from Airport. Could not fault the place. Reasonably priced too.

Room Tip: Choose rooms away from main square as there is an ice rink and music until midnight
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Merseyside, England
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Just returned from a brilliant 3 night mid-week stay at Andel's Hotel and would like to echo all positive comments from previous reviews. We were able to check in early at the hotel- around 11am. The receptionist was wonderfully helpful and also informed us that we had breakfast included (we hadn't booked this), so that was a lovely surprise! The breakfast was lovely and there was a good variety as well as tea/coffee, water and other juices. I'd definitely have to recommend the pancakes with maple syrup!
The room was good-sized and the bathroom was very modern and clean. The only thing I would say is that the glass shower door wasn't tight so when the shower was on, even if it was faced away from the door, the water would inevitably leak out onto the bathroom floor. This was a bit of a design flaw, but not overly problematic for us.
We ate in the hotel restaurant on two occasions and the food was great and the service excellent, however, it was slightly more pricey than other restaurants in Krakow. Oscar's Bar was also decent, but again slightly more expensive than other bars in the city.
The location of the hotel was very good and very close to the train station too, which meant we didn't have to wander around in the snow looking for our hotel.
All in all a fantastic hotel in a very beautiful city.

West Yorkshire
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We've just got back from a wonderful long weekend at the Andel's. I won't repeat what every other reviewer has said in praise of the hotel - suffice to say it's all true and we had a fantastic stay.

A couple of tips which might help. When I was looking at reviews, I was puzzled by three people who said there was a kettle, but no tea, coffee or cups. I packed a few provisions just in case, but there was no need. Please be aware that everything you need is tucked away tidily in a drawer between the minibar and the shelf with the kettle on. I'd like to thank the reviewers who warned about the glass partition between the toilet and shower in the bathroom - I would indeed have walked straight into it if they hadn't!

The only thing I wasn't totally happy about at the hotel was the communal changing/showering/toilet facility for the little fitness area. I used the small gym, but missed out on the sauna as I didn't feel happy about showering and changing in a shared area with the two men who were already in the sauna, even though I assume there were individual showers and changing cubicles within the area. That's probably just me though.

I'm of a certain age and often bamboozled by the various shower and bath controls we come across in hotels - this time it was the bath plug. For any other dimwits out there, the little square control used to put the plug in and take it out simply moves from left to right - not up and down, round and round, back and forth, or any other permutation I tried first.

General Krakow tips I'd like to pass on. The Marmalada restaurant on Grodzka and the Wesele on Rynok Glowny are both atmospheric, serve lovely Polish comfort food, have friendly and helpful staff and are very reasonable (a tad over £20 all in for 2 courses and 2 drinks for two). Cafe Camelot is delightful, quirky, again cheap, and full of young arty types when we were there - both of my choices from the menu were unavailable when we went, but the waitress was so sweet and apologetic that I happily picked something else from the excellent menu (though it would have been nice to try the marzipan icecream!). Bar Wodka's great - over 100 flavours and a really helpful barman (owner?) who'll advise you which to try and let you have smaller sampling glasses if you want. It looks tiny, but there's a tiny upstairs as well with a comfy old leather sofa. The Harris Piano Bar on the main square is very friendly and cosy for an evening of live music - advertised as jazz but it was a really good a capello group when we went.

All in all, Krakow's a lovely city with plenty to do and the hotel is right there in the best position of all. Have a great trip!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the entrance to the shopping centre, which was great for people- watching as wel...
4 Thank Daisymaybe
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2012

just returned from a long weekend at andels in krakow and would like to reccommend the hotel to anyone heading to the city.the hotel is very modern and comfortable and is situated right in the centre of krakow so youre near to all bars,restaurants and sightseeing. the rooms are of standard size and well equipped with minibar,flatscreen TV etc and the bed was one of the most comfy hotel beds ive slept in. the staff at andels are friendly and very helpful-all in all a great hotel.just one more thing id like to reccommend the taxi driver we used throughout our stay he was a great source of info and picked us up at the airport and took us on any day trips we wanted all for a good price, his email is krakow@bobtaxi.com.pl

Room Tip: get a view of the square