Alexander Hotel
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
David Boutique Hotel(Krakow)(Great Value!)
US$252
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Hotel Galicya(Krakow)(Great Value!)
US$72
getaroom.com
All reviewsthe main squareold towntea and coffee making facilitiessalt minesgood nights sleepscrambled eggsjust round the cornercity breakquiet streetbeds were comfortabletwin roomexcellent locationbuffet stylea couple of minutes walkcleaned dailybreakfast roomcentral hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Have just spent 4days at this hotel and it was perfect. The hotel is warm and clean, the double room at the front was well equipped, sat Tv coffee making facilities and good en-suite. It was a short walk to the Old Town, and as it was a nice day when we arrived we walked it from the railway station took about 15 mins. The breakfasts were ok, did not eat there at night as there is a large selection of restaurants in Krakow and they are not expensive, and neither is the vodka.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Really nice hotel. I actually got very small single room but what I will remember is extremely comfortable bed! Shame i didn't decided to get down for a breakfast - I bet it was yummie, especially that it was a "Doughnut Day" (Fat Thursday) in Poland :)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We liked this place and had a good stay here.

The brekkie was varied and tasty, and - hurrah! - there was a toaster. We shared a twin room with our ten year old daughter for a few nights, and whilst it was a little bit cramped we didn't mind as we were having so much fun and treated it a bit like camping. The room was clean and serviced each day. Our towels were replaced when we dutifully left them on the floor in the shower. The décor was pleasing. There was a small fridge, always useful.Our room was on the non-street side/back of the hotel, I was relieved to discover, after having seen, on arrival, that the hotel is almost right opposite a church (I didn't fancy being awoken early on a Sunday by bells whilst on holiday). the hotel is in a good overall location, being down a side road, and just outside the very heart of the historic centre, so on the quieter side and easy to walk to the central attractions.

When we called reception to ask for things it was normally quicker for us to say what we needed and then actually go downstairs to reception and collect it ourselves - so don't stay here if you are expecting silver service (for which I suppose you will in any event need to pay more). I discovered this when I first called down to reception to ask for help. On arriving in our hotel room we discovered that there was some rather enthusiastic air conditioning of sorts, keeping the air fresh. It was a teeny bit buzzier than I would have wished for and as I couldn't work out how to turn it off I called reception to ask for assistance. We didn't want the air con on in any event because it was November and rather cold outside, so we wanted the room as cosy as possible. The helpful man on reception told me that it was a building-wide ventilation system and so individual guests can't control from their room. Boo hoo. But wait! I thought to ask for a portable heater (husband's idea, in fact). Yes, they did have a spare heater, said the man on reception, who then promised to bring it to the room at the end of his shift in one hour. I did think it a bit odd that I had to wait until the end of his shift, though he explained that he was the only one on reception and he could not leave his post therefore until his colleague took over later that evening. No problemo. I can wait an hour. Three or so polite English hours later and I was still waiting, not to mention that I had after the first half hour or so become a little chilly. I called reception again and the answer was that there was a heater, yes; no they weren't sure why it hadn't been brought up to the room earlier; yes, it would be brought up to the room soon. At this point I said, no, I would come downstairs to reception and get it myself. On arriving at reception I smiled sweetly and asked the gentleman if he could give me the promised heater. He looked at me down his nose with glasses at the end. He then ducked under the reception desk and produced a heater. Ah. So it was I discovered that there was only one portable heater in the entire hotel, which was to be shared between guests as well as reception. If it weren't for the fact that we had been sitting getting chilly in the enthusiastically ventilated room for a good couple (or more) hours then I would have felt guiltier at depriving reception of this coveted device. As it happened I smiled sweetly again, thanked him and marched off with what was for the rest of the stay to be our heater. The first day we had been out and came back again I did half wonder if the heater might have done a disappearing act, but it had not and never did.

We were able to have a giggle about the above as we ended up with the heater, however had we not done so the room would have probably been a little bit chilly, not much fun in November in Krakow. So do hope the hotel can buy a portable heater for its reception as well as one or two spare for guests! Apart from this all positive.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Honey-Sparkles
Reviewed 20 January 2012

The hotel is simple, nothing cosy, but it is OK if you are not expecting luxury. They have internet acces- you have to ask at the reception for a wire and tea making facilities in the room. The major advantage for this hotel is his location. You can reach city center by foot. We did not use any meaning of transportation wile staied there for visiting Krakow. We left the car in front of the hotel in payed parking(free on week-end). Breakfast is OK, not quite everything that you can wish, but fare.My only complain was that in the room was a little cold, but I think this is normal in Poland :). And another thing, the AC sistem was quite noisy. That did't bother me, but had to meantioned about it.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2012

this was our second trip to Krakow, this hotel was very central, rooms were clean and comfortable,there was even tea/coffee facilities in room which is unusual for a european hotel, breakfast was nice, staff were helpful too

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends