Royal Hotel
US$92
US$113
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewswawel castleeconomy roompod wawelemold townrestaurant attached to the hotelbit datedjewish quarterdeluxe roomssingle roomtraditional polish foodrooms are hugemodern bathroomthe main squareexcellent locationtram stophotel breakfastshort stroll
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Went on a "jolly boys trip" for a few days in blistering heat. I had one of the economy single rooms, which to be honest was fine. In the blistering heat my room was like an oven, but the ensuite shower was very handy and did the job. Unfortunately for me I was on the front of the building and was awoken by the screeching of trams going past despite the amount of vodka and beer I'd had! I have to say from what I could see, some of the larger rooms looked very pleasant, but it depends what you like. If you like shabby chic, this is for you. If you like totally pristine sparkly finish - don't

The hotel itself harps back to a bygone age and is quite ornate in places and could do with a little TLC in others. The bar was fine as was breakfast, and the staff were really friendly and helpful. The hotel is right next door to a lovely park stroll so that was also pleasant. Attached to the hotel is a restaurant that my friends and I frequented and I have to say I really enjoyed. Standard of food was great for me and the retro diner style also worked.

Where the Royal really scores is its location. Opposite the brooding spectacle of the castle, it's just a short walk to the main square (0.3mile?) past an Aladdins cave of different shops, breathing in the history of medieval Krakow.

Would I stay again?...in a heartbeat

Room Tip: Try to be on the side of the building by the park
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ross M
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Only thing acceptable about this place was the bathroom and the location. Rooms and the general condition of the hotel is nowhere near the official hotel rating. Would unfortunately not recommend this place unless there are absolutely no other options available.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2017

My family and I, visited this beautiful city of Krakow in May 2017. This is the second time staying at this outstanding and pleasant hotel. So very convenient, to travel by tram. The reservation staff so very pleasant, always with a smile, and giving good information. We met Mr. Mateusz Misiaczek who was so very helpful in giving us a fabulous room, which was so clean and large, my family and I wish to thank him for what he had done. His staff, Izabela, Monika, and Alexandra, extremely in helping us to what we required to visiting places of interest. The breakfast was outstanding, and a happy staff. We visited many churches. The closest Church was St. Bernard's Church just opposite The Hotel Royal. Beautiful Boroque style and one of the most beautiful churches in Krakow. Other Churches visited Wawel Cathedral, Saint Sister Faustyna , Shrine of the Divine Mercy. You don't need to be a Christian to visit these beautiful places. And last of all not forgetting the outstanding restaurants. The food, wine the atmosphere, just wonderful meals. We will visit Krakow again very soon.
A worth while trip, never to be forgotten.
Radford.C

Room Tip: Suites, and large Rooms, lots of space. Restaurants, Shopping all very near.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Radford C
Reviewed 6 June 2017

I was worried about our visit having read recent reviews, but I'd already booked so we gave it a chance. It was a very nice hotel. The rooms are quite old, but comfortable, clean and large. We had one with a new bathroom as well. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms could be a bit noisy early evening because of the bar downstairs but quiet after say 11pm. Remember to take a couple of spare tea bags from breakfast as your cups will not be washed nor the tea/coffee replaced. I didn't mind this as we were out most of the time. The location is unbeatable. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank 1yellowhat
Reviewed 5 June 2017

We have spent three days in Royal Hotel, Krakow. The place has a really great location - the Wavel and the main street are really close, the rooms have a hint of old 19th century elegance. The breakfast is really good.
However, the rooms are really really really noisy, they look to two tram stops which go nonstop. The rooms were smelly, there were no electricity in some of the plugs (from three plugs, we had electricity in one...), the fridge was not working and we had to change our cards several times since it was not working and we couldn't get in to our room...

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family