“Best food we had in Krakow”
Review of Zielona Kuchnia

Zielona Kuchnia
Ranked #7 of 1,660 Restaurants in Krakow
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: Polish, Central European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We care for your health and carefully choose the ingredients for the dishes we prepare for you. Here at ZIELONA KUCHNIA you will find only the green cuisine, just as our name suggests. We only serve the finest selection of vegetables, fruit, organic meat, grain products and so much more. Our location may be new but the building itself, right on the courtyard of the council house nr 8, is over 100 years old.We were simply charmed by the wonderful atmosphere, the beauty and the long history of this place.The building was erected around 1908 and was destined to hold a blacksmith and locksmith business. After the First World War a local print shop was open here for years, and all of Chopin’s works were printed here for the first time in history. Today it is a great place for having a cosy get-together and enjoying yourself in great company.
Reviewed 6 March 2012

This restaurant was opposite our hotel but it was its menu rather than its proximity that attracted us. We were so glad we went! It was definitely the best food we had in Krakow. Beautifully presented and very reasonably priced. Yummy wine too.

We were there on a weekday night in November and unfortunately were the only customers there. I really hope this changes as this restaurant deserves to get noticed. The owners were entertaining friends there and took time to talk to us and even offered us a St Andrew's night fortune cookie! It's about a ten minute walk from the main market square and I would definitely recommend it, especially if you want something a bit fancier in the city.

1  Thank MsPotatoHead81
Write a ReviewReviews (1,035)

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Saw the recent reviews on this restaurant and we were looking for a close place to go after a long day of walking. Only 2 blocks from our hotel, the food was outrageously good! We were also pretty much alone through the meal so it was like a private dining room. The cream of cheese and asparagus soup was hot (I abhor lukewarm soup) and so light and delicious despite the heavy sounding desciption. I had the crispy crepe with spinach, grilled cheese and garlic sauce and WOW! My husband had the pork sirloin which he thought was very tender and flavorful. It came with baked potatoes which he wanted to slather in my garlic sauce but I wouldn't give any up! No room for the chocolate lava dessert but still have time! Definitely will return!

1  Thank ABQJane
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Zielona kuchnia appeared to be what i found and heard of before as a tourist. Nice location, people and first of all: food. Highly recommended!

1  Thank sdubiel
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We have just come back from dinner here and felt I HAD to write a review for this place.

We were only staying 5mins away so it wasn't a long walk. If you are staying further away I can honestly say it is worth the walk to eat here.

My partner is veggie and there were delicious choices here to suit.

We both had soup to start with and both were superb. Tasty and not too heavy.

My partner had the veggie crepes which were very nice and plentiful in portion, and I had the fillet steak which was a massive piece and very tasty also. It was also cooked to perfection and came with lovely veg accompaniments.

We shared one of the choc lava desserts which were good, however I had a hot chocolate drink here which I can only say is divine. It is made from chocolate and it is rich and velvety without being sickly. I can only say that for anyone that has a choc sweet tooth you really really have to try one of these!

Add to this we had about 4 soft drinks, 2 alcoholic drinks and a coffee, Nd the total bill was about £45 it is a total bargain considering the exceptionally high quality of food and it's presentation.

The venue is charming, very small with a lovely atmosphere. In the summer I can imagine it being beautiful with tables and chairs outside in the courtyard.

Very impressed and wouldn't have a bad word to say against this place.

1  Thank RichCroftCandles
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We were the only ones there, the food was great as was the service. Don't understand why it was not full. Definately worth the walk, everything recommended to us was good. Price low, food quality and presentation high. Definately would return- wines somewhat limited but who needs wine when the vodka is so good-overall great experience