US$135
US$119
US$197
US$112
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$148/night.

US$107
US$101
US$95
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

US$106
US$85
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$99/night.

US$130
US$113
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$152/night.

US$100
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

US$180
US$166
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 October 2016

We were in flat 32, on the 3rd floor. First the good bits. Location is (as all reviewers agree) superb (if you're not too disturbed by the 'gentleman's' club downstairs, with its red rights...), and all mod cons, including perfectly functioning free wifi, are as stated. True, the lift is located between residential levels, so you're going to have to use some stairs, and that may pose a problem for some. Now for the bad bits. This flat was booked by my friend, who arrived the day after I did, so I never saw any of the paperwork, although I had been in telephone communication (I speak Polish) with Piotr re collecting the key - my flight was due in around 21:00 and I reckoned I'd be there before 23:00. He said I would find him in the "Good Food" restaurant downstairs at the same address. When I switched my phone back on, at about 22:00, en route to the flat, I was astonished to see several missed calls from him - I rang back and he demanded to know where I was and why I hadn't come direct by taxi. I arrived around 22:30. He demanded 50 zl cash for my late arrival (the paperwork I hadn't seen does mention a late fee for arrival after 21:00), and gave me a receipt for that, and for the flat. He also gave me breakfast vouchers for the seven days of my stay, each clearly dated and marked '2 persons', explaining that this does NOT cover the price of even the most basic breakfast on the menu (despite the reservation papers stating "breakfast included") but just a 10 zl reduction. Fine. The following morning I went down for breakfast and handed in that day's 2 person voucher - worth 20 zl, right? Wrong. I had to pay the 8 zl difference on the breakfast I chose: 2 croissants, butter, jam & honey, plus hot water (I brought my own coffee). Having waited 40 minutes for this, while all around me were being served, I put the 8 zl on a saucer and brought it up to the bar, and left. An hour later I got a phone call saying I had failed to pay for my breakfast (which, bear in mind, was "included", and for which I had presented a voucher for two). So I went back and paid for it again, and got a receipt this time. So my ("included") breakfast cost 16 zl - which is more than a decent dinner. My friend arrived that night. The following morning she went down to breakfast on her own, bringing with her what she thought was the day's voucher - in fact it was the receipt for having paid for the flat. Apparently she dealt with a different person than I did - we never got anybody's name, the man I saw was young enough to be a student, she dealt with an older man - but he took this receipt from her (instead of saying it was the wrong one) and, after she insisted a great deal, gave her a breakfast without further payment, although they refused to give her a second one to bring up for me. ( A couple of days later when she asked again she was told this could only be done "for medical reasons" so she said I was sick and got a breakfast for me; the following morning he told her "Your friend is not sick, I saw her walking around, no mare takeaway breakfast"). When she asked for water to take medicine, they were going to charge her 5 zl for it! This kind of petty, pennypinching, begrudging attitude also meant that they refused to give us a second key, although we are two adults and THERE IS NO RECEPTION: someone from the apartments sits in the restaurant downstairs while it is open, but one evening it was already closed at 20:00 - were we to pay a 'late fee' to get someone to open up for us every evening? What's more, on one piece of paper it states that if you lose the key, you will be charged 200 zl. But on the piece of paper on the door, it says you will be charged 200 EURO (= 800!!! zl). (both photos attached). (It costs 20 zl to get a key cut.) We were very, very concerned at the loss of the receipt, and my friend (who made the reservation, but does not speak Polish) got a Polish friend to speak with the manager on the phone. He confirmed that the room was paid for and that we would get another receipt - but we never did. In short, there were ongoing confrontations over stupid, petty things, that soured the atmosphere so much I refused to eat breakfast there after the experience of day 1, and my friend (who by the way is a 74 year old woman and a retired university lecturer, not some teenager looking for a fight) had problems with breakfast every day. What kind of establishment has no reception? And refuses to give one key per adult guest? And refuses to put two rolls on a plate to be brought upstairs? Appalling attitude.

Room Tip: Room 32, on 3rd floor, is on the courtyard side, and so is quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Irishguide2014
Reviewed 14 August 2016

Good part is: Great location, close to city center and walking distance to the whole Old Town, Wawel. Kitchen has a lot of things, well equipped, altough dirty. Bathroom is spacious.
Bad parts: Elevator is not working most of the times, there are a lot of stairs with luggage. We asked for a double bed, and received 2 simple ones, making it unable to sleep together as we had a 4-6 cm wide wood part between. Worst part is breakfast. When you get there they tell you you paid for the "normal breakfast", and every morning they try to convince you to spend more(illogically more) money on things like jam or other breakfast food. It changes from day to day how much would you have to pay for other breakfasts, depending which waiter tries to get you... Normal breakfast consists for a person: 2 heated buns(center cold, outer parts hot or burned), 2,5 pieces of processed meat/"ham", 2 slices of a suspicious kind of cheese and a small butter, with a spoonful of veggies. You can select 1 cup of drink, but not more, be careful! It can be coffee, tea or hot chocolate, all in all not worth it. The restaurant is always dirty, we had to clean it from the remainings of the previous guest before we could sit, and the staff don't speak well English, and has problems understanding for example what a black coffee is.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 25 August 2016

Dear Guest,

Unfurtunately, due to a thunderstorm which damaged an electronic part of the elevator in our building, we were obliged to immobilize it for a few days, until it was possible to replace the damaged part with a newly delivered one. We are sorry for the temporary inconvinience for the guests.

As to the ramarks concerning the beds, we would like to emphasize that we always try to fulfil our guests' requests, however this is dependent on availability. In the present case there was no available apartment with a double bed.

As to the complaint about the breakfast, we would like to state the following: We offer our guests a basic breakfast menu which for them is balanced in the room price with 10PLN. Outsider guests pay for this breakfast 15 PLN. It includes 2 fresh rolls, a piece of butter, slices of quality ham and cheese, fresh salad decoration and a hot beverage to choose - coffee, tea or hot chocolate. Our guests can of course order other items from our breakfast menu card which is separately payable, or order a different breakfast menu (e.g. an "English breakfast") and then pay the difference.

We would like of course to offer our guests a more prestigious breakfast inclusive in the room price, but it would mean that we will have to raise considerably our rates since it is impossible to pay a price like for a hostel and expect services like a 5-star hotel.

As to our restaurant staff, they are thoroughly trained to understand orders by our guests in English and also in other languages, and they understand an order like "black coffee"; however, they may have difficulties in understanding orders in English when these are spoken out in an unknown or exotic accent, difficult to understand even by native speakers, like in the present case.

Sincerely Yours,

DOMINO APARTMENTS STAFF

Reviewed 13 May 2016

Cool place to stay -- do try it!

It is called "Domino's" probably because it is right across the street from the entrance to the huge Dominican church.

We were taken aback at first when, after walking back and forth trying to find it, discovered the entrance was just a plain door with a small sign taped to it, with a phone number. We looked at each other and thought, oh-oh.
Luckily, a man was just exiting (it's also the entrance to a regular apartment block), who beamed and took us next door to a busy cafe, got the manager and got things rolling. The manager gave us a paper to fill out (name, address, etc.) and then led us back to the doorway.
To make a long story short: we went up some stairs, then took an elevator, then went up MORE stairs... unlocked a door ... and entered a lovely apartment! Full kitchen, full bathroom, huge bedroom with two single beds... and gasped to see through the bedroom window the spires of the Mariacka basilica perfectly framed, as it were!
All supplies were there. Wifi worked. Everything was clean as a whistle. Tram stops were right outside the door. And all this was right between the two big churches (Dominican and Franciscan) and only one block away from the Rynek Glowny (Main Square). I'd stay here again in a flash. (But don't even think of taking it if you have bad legs -- lots of stairs.)

Room Tip: 3rd floor best
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2015

Just back from a 5day break in Krakow, the Domino apartments are excellent, very central for all attractions, clean, warm and lovely complimentary breakfast. The manager and staff could not be more helpful, they even collected us and took us to the airport (a small charge) We will definately return.

Room Tip: Room 25 was very quiet
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2015

i have stopped here about13 times and it is superb if you are on a budget. the location is fantastic, literally 2 mins away form the main square in krakowou. large roomy apartments. the penthouse on the top floor is fabulous..the only downfall is there is no reception and you have to go into the cafe next door. (you have breakfast in here). the owner joe is a nice friendly guy and will help you on places to go

Stayed: November 2014