“lovely meal”

Pod Baranem
Ranked #20 of 1,471 Restaurants in Krakow
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Polish, European, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“lovely meal”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

my boyfriend and i went here for a meal while over for a break in Krakow after seeing this on trip advisor that it had a gluten free menu. Found this great, as i do not know many places that have this.

We both had a 3 course meal which were lovely and we got bread to start which was for free, and i thought it was good that they remembered about me ordering from the gluten free menu and bringing me gluten free bread and my boyfriend normal bread.

Lovely meal and lovely place.

• Visited March 2012

• Polish first
  • Slovak first
“Decent”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Pod Baranem was recommended by my host and the food was good but the service was lacking. I had the mushroom soup in a bread bowl, which was delicious and the periogis, which were only boiled. I say the service was lacking because I dined alone and felt that I was somewhat overlooked. Also, the selection for a glass of wine was very limited.

Visited March 2012
Everett, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“On our two week tour of Central Europe, our meal at Pod Baranem was my wife's and my favorite without a doubt!”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

My wife and I invited a couple to join us at Pod Baranum, Restauracja during our stay in Krakow. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the food was excellent...to our minds, the best on the trip. We encouraged others on our tour to eat there if they had a chance, and will continue to recommend the restaurant to any friends visiting Krakow.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank Lowell B
Snohomish, Washington
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I was in Krakow visiting family and they recommended Pod Baranem as a great place to eat. Well we went there and we were not disappointed!! The food was excellent, it was fresh, tasted great and the service was superb. The three of us in our party were not disappointed and we actually came back and had dinner almost every night during our 6 day stay. We tried many of the different dishes on the menu and none disappointed. I would definitely recommend this place. Whats most impressive is that there were quite a bit of locals in the restaurant so you know its not just a "tourist trap".

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank Adrian S
scotland
“Great service with ambient surroundings”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Went to this restaurant on day two of a recent three day trip to Cracow based on the comments we read on trip advisor. We were a party of 6 who all had 3 courses several drinks/liqueors each and coffee. I had the fillet steak which was outstanding and on par with the quality of meat we get in Scotland. Total bill for a very extravant night was 750zl which equates to around £25 per head...

• Visited March 2012