“Nice breakfast”

Ranked #3 of 21 Dessert in Gdansk
Price range: US$3 - US$5
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Retro is a café with a soul, located in the Old Town of Gdansk and offering healthy, quality, home-made low-sugar cakes. We bake with real butter, locally sourced honey and free-range eggs. We use seasonal and local ingredients whenever possible. We offer loose leaf teas (over 30 kinds), excellent coffees, Italian hot chocolate and cocktails inspired by the 1930s and '40s. We serve dessert wines and several kinds of Polish beer. Retro's interior is warm and inviting from the wood floor and paneling through the old photographs on the walls to the quiet background music. Outdoor seating is available in the summer season (May - September).
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Had the oatmeal witch was nice, my husband had the scrambled eggs and loved it. The smoothies was very good.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Very cute place, not many options on the menu, but the ones they got sounds delicious! Many vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options. I had the oatmeal made with almond milk, topped with blueberries, almonds, banana and chocolate chips. Plus a strawberry banana smoothie. Yummy! Lovely staff, and the cakes are to die for. I tried the nutella pie-ish cake. Recommended!! (+ they are very helpful with allergies, vegan options or gluten free options, just ask them!

1  Thank jennysoerensen
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

It’s very nice place to stop for a coffee / hot chocolate AS I DID And was the best one I ever had , the staff very friendly and speak English the option of cakes are plenty I chose trufas that was delicious and the decoration and atmosphere was very good. The only thing bad for me is that they do not have WiFi that might be good when you are solo traveller

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Great cafe with nice retro interior. The atmosphere is relaxing and theres a seasonal cake menu. I tried the apple pie and was delicious

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We only stopped in for a drink and we went for the butterscotch hot chocolate and it was delicious! It took a little bit of time to get the drinks but it was worth the wait.

The cakes and food looked lovely so could be worth a try.