See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 February 2016

We stayed for 3 nights and we had absolutely wonderful time. The rooms are big and clean, (my one was facing the snow covered town square with its twinkling Christmas tree, which was rather magical), the location is bang in the city centre, and the dinner is 3 courses of traditional Czech cuisine. One selects its meal a day before and there are three options to choose from. During our stay the hotel was very quiet, as it was just after the New Year. You must opt for the ‘spa package’, as it is such a great value. Every day we had a schedule of procedures to attend and it is the most wonderful thing to have a massage or a hot bath after several hours of walking in freezing temperatures. It was all very relaxing and civilised, mainly due to the really friendly, helpful and brilliant staff on site – especially the receptionist and the masseur. They couldn’t have been better. We didn’t want to leave and we are definitely going back this summer to explore more of the beautiful mountains.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank rbozi
Reviewed 6 December 2015

Got a voucher for a 2 night stay in this hotel as a present. As it was my first wellness weekend I was super excited, however the massages were not as good as expected. The food was like they serve in luxurious, snobbish-like restaurants, that is big plates and small fun in the middle. I wouldn't recommend this place to someone who is seeing a relaxing welness, but for a simple stay it'll do.

Room Tip: 305 - right in the middle of the hotel with a great view to the square
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristyrichtr
Reviewed 20 September 2015

The hotel is renovated and located at square that must have been renovated as well.
Parking is either at the square (during weekend for free and nearly all park lots are vacant) or behind the hotel is free or paid parking.
Rooms are I expect all more or less comparable. Our was quite spacious with a bathroom with bath.
Breakfast is average, buffet style. Eggs, sausage, chess, ham, salami, butter, jam, fruit&vegetable. Drinks-coffee, tea, juice or water. In the end all good and sufficient.
Dinner- cannot say how organised for others, but we had halfboard, where you choose for next day your dinner and once you come to your desk (where your room # is) next day, you are served in few minutes. For me is not a restaurant style, but the advantage was the speed.
What else? WiFi works well.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Have had to stay twice at hotel Slovan after renovation and have to write a review. During my first stay after the arrival and four hours drive I checked in and went to the restaurant only to be VERY surprised that no table is availiable since they are all booked for guests that came with "discount cupons" - those by the way cost for two nights and two persons with half pension the same I payed for single room nightly rate. So first thing a tired guest is about to do is get into the car and search fr restaurant.... Terrible experience! As stated in different review the hotel has absolutelly no spa nor pool and if you book "the spa package" you are about to ride to different part of the town, it is not even lol. The second stay (I gave them a chance after having some funny discussion about the fact that this hotel "won" the best 4 stars hotel in whatever category - it was only a mistake...) So I purchased the "voucher combo" and we went for a trip. During comunication with the hotel we got an option to pay upgrade of our room to higher category and so we did. I will let the pictures speak fot themself - remember that suppose to be 4 stars executive or deluxe room as they call it :D Really...
The food? Worst "set menu" ever, breakfast of very poor quality, the "table setting" like in a 80s low level pub. The Jesenik itself and the area, well that is total opposite - it is pure nature with all its glory. I love the region and often come back (just never ever gonna stay at hotel Slovan again). Btw for half the Slovan price you may find yourself a first class service anywhere near.

Room Tip: there is virtually no good room at this hotel. All are bellow average, some have small balconies with pleasure of the kitchen smell all day/night long. If you must stay there, have a square view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MartinKroc
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Visited in 2013 within a weekend stay for couples. Nice, clean, friendly, with very good food and excellent ice-cream :-). Good location for trips. Only weak wifi signal in room situated at the end of hall. Recommended!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple