“Amazing dinner experience”

Retro Consistorium
Ranked #30 of 1,025 Restaurants in Brno
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had dinner here after the motoGP. They had truffle risotto as a special which my boyfriend absolutely loved. I had tagliolini nero with squid, shrimps and zucchini which was out of this world. Before the main course we got free ciabatta with very good olive oil and some roasted chickpeas. The staff was really nice, and our complete experience was perfect. We highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely come back if we visit Brno again.

1  Thank Diederik T

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

This is probably my all time favorite restaurant in Brno. Great classy place with skilled personal and delicious food. Definitely recommend to ask about wine with is well selected. If you want a best service and quality of food this is a place for you!

1  Thank JanDeWin
Reviewed 26 June 2017

The good:

Good service, nice decor, pleasant atmosphere, great starters

The not so good:

Main courses. If you're going to claim to offer "fine dining", you need to raise your standards, not just your prices. 5 of us ate here, chose 4 different mains, and none of us were particularly impressed. Chewy steak, bland pasta, and awful sea bass (I know, WHY do I bother ordering seafood in a landlocked country...but the starter got my hopes up...), not good.

Finding a dried dead moth in my post meal scotch and not getting an apology didn't help matters either.

Style over substance I'm afraid.

1  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 20 June 2017

I recently visited this restaurant for their lunch menu and was very pleased even though it was on the expensive side by lunch menu standards in Brno.

I had soup and a beef dish. The wonderful quality of the beef, very tender, really caught my attention as good quality beef is not easy to come by in the Czech Republic either in restaurants or to cook at home for yourself. Clearly, this place has a line on good beef.

The atmosphere of the place is also worth noting. The interiors are cosy, but there is a nice flow of air between the interiors and exteriors.

There are some tables on the street outside. As the street is small and pedestrian only, it will certainly give you that stereotypical "Continental" feel to your dining experience.

The staff were friendly, professional and attentive.

While, due to price, I can't recommend this as an everyday dining experience, it certainly would work well as an occasional treat for yourself or a place to take that someone special.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

The place has exceptional service which is not a common thing in Brno and Czech republic in general. Restaurant is bit expensive but they have impressive selection of vine and very pleasant interior.