“Controversial Italian dining”

Pellegrini Cafe Bar
Ranked #185 of 1,042 Restaurants in Brno
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Went here in the last night of our stay in Brno and it was going very well. I was with the family and we had a mix of foods from steak to pasta. The food was good quality and can’t complain at all with any foods or drinks and food alone I would rate as a 4+. However the waiter tried to bring over a large red wine at the end of our meal that we had not ordered. When the waitress brought over the bill, she had added the drink and told us the bill was less than the amount on the receipt. So we left our money which accounted to the extra drink as some of the tip. However the male waiter came over and slammed the small change down and shouted “change”. As he walked off he was swearing about us, so I challenged this, so he came back and again demanded us to take our change as it was not appropriate as a tip. I tried to explain about the mix up with the drink, but he shouted “I will give you your drink money”. We had to walk away at this point as I felt enraged and it left a horrible feeling for our last evening in this beautiful city. Worst customer service I have ever encountered

1  Thank Michael S

Reviewed 16 June 2018

June Saturday morning and a great opportunity to be a part of celebration in the main square of the Brno city. I all for it if ... if I can combine with a cup of tea or coffee, please. The more pleasures, the more fun. Having some small refreshment I was chatting with two gentlemen from Gratz who told me they would like to spend only 20 minutes in Brno. "What a pity", my answer was: "you would miss all the great show". It was only few minutes to ten and the whole square transformed as the historic types of transportation were parked there to be admired. I am pretty sure that the Austrian visitors changed their plans, or at least prolonged their stop in the Moravian metropolis celebrating the centenial anniversary of the Czechoslovakian republic foundation in 1918.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a spot of lunch, while visiting Brno that day. Nice guy greeted us, and offered a table inside as it was a hot day, and they have air-con. We ordered cold drinks and Pizza from a comprehensive menu. Drinks soon arrived, and did not have to wait long for our food. The Pizza's were freshly cooked and delicious, and very filling. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The prices are very reasonable. We think this is a little gem.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

Went here 3 times whilst staying in Brno.The service, food and ambiance were all excellent.Its situated on the main square in Brno.The staff were all friendly and took time to chat with us and spoke good English.You never under any pressure to leave your table.Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

We were looking for a place where we could get something for breakfast and this place just offered itself. It is located more or less on main square. We had an omelette with ham and cheese and it was great. Beside it you also get bread strips (looked like pizza bread) and some butter. Service was good as well. All in all a good experience and would visit it again for breakfast or just coffee.