“Polite and friendly staff rhyme with the good food”

Restaurant Jedna Basen
Ranked #122 of 1,043 Restaurants in Brno
Cuisines: European, Italian, Czech, International
Reviewed 20 May 2018

"Basen" from Czech to be translated into English is a poem, the collocation that stands as the name of the restaurant is a hint that they are able satisfy all customers needs and passions. I can confirm that my own wishes were fulfilled. I liked the vegetarian salad cooling me in the hot day. Sipping the red wine I was chatting with my mother and enjoyed the poetic silence from time to time. Poets know the importance of certain things being unspoken. How are you feeling about combining poetic delicacies?

Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

I ordered tomato risoto with scarmoxa smoked cheese it costed 149, was delicious... I'd like to eat the daily menu but the staff did not translate it to me..but ok because my risoto was very good.

Reviewed 23 April 2016

Light lunch with meat and meat free option every day. Imaginative recipes with aesthetic serving. Smiley and quick squad. Friendly prices in city center. Close to Malinovského square with open terrace, which is nice these sunny days :) There's nothing I can drop a hint about, except one over salted lunch experience, but we got apologies and it was never repeated.. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 28 March 2016

If you want to go for a family lunch on weekend, but you want to make it quick,so then you are looking for Jedna Básen,where they serve daily menu even on Sunday.
Pea soup was really good (29Kč), second dish, a pork with mashed potatoes and pepper sauce, was good, nothing special. Meat was a bit hard, and pepper sauce ok (119Kč). So I was little bit disappointed, because I heard about this place very good reviews about food,but at least second dish was average.
We had wine Irsai Oliver 2dcl=39Kč,so great price for wine in centre of city and the taste of wine was really good.
Service was friendly and very quick,so really good.
So...definitely gonna go there for wine,for meal...not sure yet,but maybe gonna try again something else,and if so,I am gonna let you know ;)

Reviewed 1 December 2015

We chose this restaurant for the offer, the price and beeing not in the centre of Brno. We had a good lunch, good attentive service, decent price, taste like at home.