See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 November 2017

This hotel has a very specific atmosphere, mixed style, but is clean and has helpful staff. My stay was without any problems, I liked the breakfast, you can buy tickets for local transport at the reception. Room could look nicer. Other than that, all ok.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2017

As a business trip, the hotel was booked by our collaborator in Brno and I shouldn't be complaining much because I didn't have to pay for accommodation -- if I had prior knowledge that this would be where I'd be staying, I would've booked elsewhere myself. In previous trips to Czech, I came to acquired impression that the locals are generally shy or mellow. But the staff at front desk of this hotel greeted me with a face that could've been described as wearisome and unwelcoming. I grew even more uncomfortable when the staff then asked to have my passport (in an irritated, demanding tone) -- which I gave because I assumed they would be simply jotting down ID information, but instead they kept it away in the counter. I did ask to have my passport back but was told that it is Czech law to keep the guests passports in the reception. I was then asked to sign some kind of legal document (a paper) which is said to verify my stay. The whole experience was confusing because of all the other countries and hotels I've been to (including the ones in Czech), this was the first time ever have I had to "surrender" my passport to a non-government official...... simply uncomfortable.

Aside from the incident, the single room was decent if you treat this hotel as more of a hostel (or rather, some kind of budget college student dormitory) than an actual hotel. The bathroom was amusingly compact even for a person my size (151 cm, average build) but bearable. Breakfast was basic with limited selection in the building's basement which the temperature is cool and enjoyable (as long as you don't make eye contact with the staffs or simply try to ignore their tired/irritated/unhappy faces).

The only up-side to this hotel is its location to the town, which most places can be accessed to by walking or by bus. I'd love to visit Brno again but will try to seek out other accommodation options if given the opportunity.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Charlotte S
Reviewed 29 May 2017

they probably share an entrance to an asian restaurant,the old man at the reception looks unhappy, maybe it's a czech thing. room was on the top floor which mean we had to take a lift to the 3rd and then climb a level up. very sad place for the price. unless you run out of options, dont stay here.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2017

The hotel is quite basic but good value for the money. Parking off the street is offered. Breakfast has a nice variety but is in the basement of the hotel. Terrific restaurants near by and attractions within walking distance.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2017

On arriving in my room I discovered that nothing electrical was working. Refrigerator, bedside lamps, tv. I had to move furniture and get on my knees to insert plugs into sockets for anything to work. This is something I shouldn’t be doing if the room had been checked properly.And not good if, like me, you are in your 70’s. I also found an empty water bottle at the end of one of the beds, no doubt left by a previous occupier it was still there at the end of my 3 night stay so cleaning not done properly.
The Terrace area on the first floor had exercise equipment which were all damaged, the rower couldn’t be used at all as the right foot support was completely broken. The cross trainer had the control module broken from its retaining bracket and hanging down and not working. None of the control modules on any of the apparatus were working.
A rather disappointing stay as far as I was concerned.

Room tip: second floor is quieter
Date of stay: April 2017