“Excellent svíčková”

Pivnice u kocoura
Ranked #108 of 1,051 Restaurants in Brno
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 26 November 2017

My svíčková was the best one that I have had in last few months. As there was not many people, the place looked cozy and wasn't so noisy. But I can imagine more pub atmosphere when this place is full. I think that also garden outside is really nice in the summer. Waitress was even willing to make me ginger tea from fresh ginger that they had in a kitchen, even though it's not in their menu. Big plus for that!

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Sat outside with a beautiful view of mountains for dinner. It was recommended to us for a true Czech experience (Czech food, beer and grumpy waiter). But our waitress was kind and even cracked a smile now and again. Food waz delicious - I had salmon, roasted veggies, baked potatoes and mushroom sauce. Salmon was moist and the mushroom sauce was to die for! My husband had the pork neck and he also enjoyed his meal.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 24 July 2017

A friend of mine took me to this restaurnat while I was visiting Brno.
It's a nice setting (especially outside on a nice day). They have a small range of nice beers and good selection of food, including traditional Czech dishes. I tried Hovězí svíčková na smetaně, which was quite interesting, slightly sweet, with their traditional boiled vreads. Although the portion was a bit small.
Service in the place is just OK, at times a bit slow and not as friendly as in other places. But all in all its not a bad place.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 27 October 2016

We had a great night here, with lovely view outside. The ribs platter for 2 was a total highlight, great quality and best meal in Brno! Also very cheap!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

We stopped off at toulavy Kocour pub by chance, it was a very welcoming place small but vibrant with great atmosphere and friendly staff. The beer selection was very good and their menu was very well put together. I'd recommend a pint and a bite here.

Date of visit: October 2016