All reviews exhibition centre a la carte restaurant nice hotel one night czech rep up to date rooms are large business hotel lobby bar the main railway station hot water parking place buffet breakfast pleasant stay balcony exhibitors city
Reviewed 18 August 2018

We stay here for a business 4 days. Not bad. Clean rooms and friendly staff. Breakfast was good (but the same each day). Good location if you have a car or use Uber. Next time will come here again may be.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Andrea Č, Manažer at Orea Hotel Voronez, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear Sir or Madame,
we are pleased you chose the Orea Hotel Voroněž for your stay in Brno. We appreciate you took time to review your stay as we can see the guests satisfaction and also areas we need to improve. As our main aim to keep high standard in customer service, I will discuss the variety of breakfast with our chief.
Kind regards

Reviewed 28 July 2018

The look of the hotel is somehow bringing mixed feelings. Some postindustrial details as the stairs to the hotel breakfast room as feeling in Alfred Hitchcock movie when looking on the main corridor.
But definitely the worst wifi ever, just did not work at all.
The bathroom just needs reconstruction. Each time I flushed the toiled I was almost calling a plumber. There were cracks in the wall next to the bathtub. And the bathtub is such high that I was almost climbing down like on a slippery slope. The worst on the end... if somebody flushed a toilet in a room up, down next to my room it was soo hell loud that it waked me up!

Date of stay: July 2018

Dear guest,
we are pleased you chose our hotel for your stay in Brno but also feel sorry you did not enjoy your stay. The entire staff is working hard to make your stay as pleasant as possile. Also at the end of the year we plan to start complete recostruction of the hotel and hope you will like our new style.
Kind regards

Reviewed 13 July 2018

I was a member of a group of tourists and stayed at the second building. We had our dinner served at the restaurant in the main building. We were served a soup that was barely warm and then we had pork with french fries. The pork meat on most plates was raw just barely cooked on the outside. When I called the waiter, he took the plate and said that he was not the cook. I asked that they bring me vegetables instead; 10 min. later he brought me vegetables that were so salty that I could not swallow them. The other waiters took no responsibility and refused to call the manager because they were busy. I finally spoke to the manager and his solution was to give 1 bottle of wine per couple and no direct apology or food. I spoke to people from another group during breakfast and they confirmed to me that their food was extremely basic and cold but most importantly that the staff was very rude and unprofessional. I believe that serving raw pork is a violation of the law and a very unsafe practice. As for the staff, no training will get rid of the bad attitude that many people at the restaurant showed. The remedy offered to us was inadequate. The wine should have been a token of apology but we still deserved an apology and a meal that we paid for. The incident took place on July 10, 2018.

Room tip: I think the main building has better rooms
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2018

The hotel is ranked as 4 stars, but compared to another 4 stars hotel in the Czech Rep., this one is very bad. I recommend 3 stars. That´s enough.
Breakfast was tasty, but choice of meals was poor.
Appearance of the hotel is bad, looks like from 90´s. From outside and and rooms too.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

I don’t know how this is rated a 4 star hotel. I got the executive room (highest category) on the 9th floor and the AC wouldn’t work. After trying for sometime, I was told that since the outside temperature is 22C, the AC won’t work. The room temperature however was 27C. I was offered a fan.

Next day, on requesting, I was moved to a different room, but with the same problem - AC wouldn’t work. In addition, the shower curtain was stained and completely gross. The rooms and bathrooms need major updating.

The only thing good here is some of their staff - Irena and some Trainees at the front desk were the only positive so far.

VERY disappointed. I will never stay here again and will ensure that this is struck off from my company’s list.

Seems like they don’t really care or cater to business travelers as they get enough business from Chinese/ Asian tour operators that stay for 1 night.

Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere. FairHotel next door looks WAY better.

Date of stay: June 2018