See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Had a one-night stayover in a single-room, and it was OK but failed on a few things. I am in doubt whether it should be rated average or poor, but went for poor, because of low sleeping quality and the number of small flaws. On the upside: Easy parking, good bed (very firm), room very clean with no odd smells, bathroom works, plenty of hot water, wifi works fine, hotel is well run with professional staff, the bar has Bernard and Urquell beer (no Staropramen, Kozel and the likes) and the chicken burger from the restaurant was good. Downsides: The room has no blinds to block the sun, meaning the room is lighted and heated up early on the morning, disturbing the sleep. No air-condition means a warm room in the summer/warm springtime. Breakfast buffet was mediocre, with limited selection of mostly industrial products of lower quality. They turned off the coffee machines before breakfast ended (with no notice), but otherwise refilled the buffet. The bathroom shower head has no holder making you hold the shower head while bathing - and there is no shower curtain, water is flooding the floor (no drain). I suspect a different room could be a better experience. I would probably not come back.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank ohlnielsen
Reviewed 26 August 2017

The hotel is a good three-star standard, located in a rural area on the edge of Brno, just a 15-minute drive from the city centre. A lake is nearby (1.5/2km) with simple places to eat and drink. The closest restaurants and shops (including a supermarket and petrol station) are 6 or 7 minutes with the car.

We had two normal double rooms for three adults and two kids, and had plenty of space. The style is a bit 90's, but the cleanilness of the whole hotel was excellent. Beds are very comfy with crisp, white linen; fresh towels daily, spotless bathrooms. Breakfast was certainly adequate for a three-star, and included fresh fruit, and freshly baked breads. We also found the restaurant to be of a good standard, serving traditional Czech cuisine and local wines.

The pool area, which offer views of the surrounding hills and green landscapes, has been newly renovated and is lovely to relax in. Our kids really enjoyed the pool, and we enjoyed the poolside service, lounging in the sun. I also appreciated being able to borrow a mountain bike without charge, to explore the area around the hotel and the Brno reservoir. Something I would recommend for an afternoon.

We found the hotel team to be very friendly and accomodating. Most staff members spoke either English or German, so communication was easy.

Overall, I would have no hesitation in booking this hotel again and can recommend it as a good base from which to explore Brno and the region.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Martin M, Generální ředitel at Hotel Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Hi CookieMonster007,
we are very gratefull for your words. It is allways for us very motivating to get such a nice feedback of our job. Thanks a lot for that. We are looking forward to see you and your family soon again. Don´t hasitate and contact us on our official hotel site to get the best price. Thank you very much, Martin, hotel director.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We had our vacation here for 2 weeks.
During our vacation there was a friendly staff. Every one was helpful and friendly. When we needed something, there was always some one to help us. The food and drinks where good. At the hotel you can rent a bike (when you have a package it's even for free) there many biker and hiking trails arround the hotel and it's nearby a big lake.

We hope to be as welcome next year as we where last month.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Martin M, Generální ředitel at Hotel Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Hi Erik. We are very very very happy you like our hotel Atlantis. All of us are trying hard to fulfill our guests´s expectations and I´m glad you have found us beeing helpfull and friendly. We will be very happy to welcome you here again. We will push some changes over the winter, so I believe you will like your stay next summer even more ;o) Please contact us for your stay direct through our web sites to get the best price. Thanks a lot, Martin, hotel director.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Absolutely nothing. Shocking hotel, staff rude & arrogant. Hotel falsely advertised that the pool & pool bar would be completed. Work men working around the pool which was not finished. All staff had bad attitudes. Constantly having to check the bill
For food & drinks as extras by accident were always being added on. Made to feel on edge constantly. Shocking prices by there own taxi company that the hotel use. Constantly felt like you were being ripped off. Hotel maid asked us if we really wanted our rooms cleaning everyday. They said they usually only clean everyday other day. Dirty tea cups & glasses were just left in the room for days & not taken by the cleaners or changed. We paid over £550 for a week in a 3 star hotel. One day we couldn't get into our room as our key card was not working. We walked down to reception 4 times!!!!! In the end insisted the receptionist came with us to try & open our door & she had to come back back & fourth a further 2 times. Lifts were not working, our room was up 3 flights of stairs & long 2 coridoors. Asked for assistance with luggage & receptions said no one to help you'll have to do it you'd self!!!!!! Would never ever set foot back in this dump they call a hotel. Management did not speak a word of english, convienient that when it comes to taking money they understood everything.

Stayed: July 2017
Martin M, Generální ředitel at Hotel Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear Sakina, thanks a lot for your words. I have to say, I was not expecting nothing better from you. Everything is an experience, counting yours with us as well as ours with customer as you are. No one was rude to you till the moment you were rude to us. Sorry for that, we are people same as you and no one deserves to be treated like you treated us. The problem was your expectations without any sign of attempt to proove if we are really the right place for you. So let me react on some of your complains: 1. large bed was not large enough - im really sorry, but we consider bed wide 1,8m as large. 2. Pool - everywhere, meaning Booking.com, other OTA´s you won´t find info, that pool and bar is ready, the same is written on our web site, that we are still working on it. May be deeper reading would avoid this misunderstanding. 4.Taxi - we just call you taxi Sakina, if you have problem with its price, please complain on the right place. Yes, we are 3 star hotel certified by HOTREC and from this comes a lots of things, like for example we don´t have a bellboy. Our customers are helped in case someone from any staff is able to come and help. Hotel price - you have choosed our hotel freedomly by reserve us on Booking.com, you knew about the price from the very begining, and I consider not fair now to complain about it. I was waiting whole your stay to meet you, I came to meet you at saturday (my day off) but you said you were busy. I left, I came back at the evening to find you drinking your own bottles of wine at the bar without any word of asking. The receptionist told me, you are angry with me because I didnt come to you to apologize - can you please advise how I should do it? Knock on your door, wait in the corridor for you? To summ up this unpleasant matter for both sides - we are very sorry, we haven´t fullfill your expectations and because now we know them, please take a small recomandation - don´t come to spent your vacation to 3 star hotel. I really doubt any of 3 star hotel can make you happy. Have you ever visit 3 star hotel back in UK?

Reviewed 1 June 2017

A day trip turned into overnight due to 2.5 hour delay on the motorway.

Made a last minute booking so that we could delay our visit to the reservoir and the nearby spa until the next day.

We got really nice room and visited the on site casino.

The casino gave complementary credit once you registerred.

to enter the casino, you had to register (similar to here).

The pool was under reconstruction

Room Tip: Out of the way. If you get a good price, its a good place to stay if visiting the nearby wellness centre and reservoir
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple