All reviews villa tugendhat stone steps kind staff business trip city minibar receptionist
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I had the worst experience I ever had at a hotel. Reception was closed when I arrived and nobody answered the phone number indicated at the front door as “24/24 reception” (even if I notified before my arrival that I was arriving late at night). I spent one hour and a half in the street at minus 10º... at the end I took a taxi and went to another hotel. The next day, the receptionist at Hotel Arte recognized that their phone redirection system did not work that night, so they did not get any of my calls. They payed for the difference between the price I had to pay in the other hotel and the price for a night at Hotel Arte but they did not want even consider the possibility of reimbursing me the cost of the taxi or compensating in any way the horrible experience that I had. The hotel is not bad but there are much better options for the same price in Brno. Rooms are not properly cleaned (only once in four days) and it is difficult to sleep due to traffic noise, as the hotel is located in a very busy street. The personal is not helpful (even if they are well trained in apologizing they do not resolve any of your problems and, of course, nobody if there if you have a problem from 10pm to 7am). Breakfast is OK but not terrible.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Very kind staff, big rooms and very clean.
It's good located
We travelled with two kids, baby and three years old girl, our room was veryyy big and the price perfect.
The city also beautiful, we were in Telco, trebic and brno, good trip to do with kids and relax
We will repeat for sure :)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2017

I stayed for one night recently whilst on a trip to Brno. I found the hotel to be superb value for money! The breakfast was great - not a huge selection but it was tasty and fresh. The minibar in the room was exceptionally priced! The staff were very helpful and spoke great English.

Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Business trip, 3 days, with colleagues. This hotel is not fancy, but has a charming "East-European" style and feeling. The staff is super friendly and helpful. Rooms are well equipped, good beds, clean and comfortable. When we arrived it was +38C outside, so I was so happy to see a brand new AC in my room! Breakfast was of good quality and reasonable amount of choices. I appreciated orange juice from freshly squeezed oranges as well as real scrambled eggs, not made from powder (as in many large chain hotels). If you like jogging the location is perfect as there is a large park across the street. The park is lovely, and there is also tennis courts and several "water holes" there. I certainly appreciate 5 star hotels, but this one can be recommended all tough it is probably not more than 2-3 stars on the scale. we had a lively stay here!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2017

Overall good but nothing outstanding. Ideal if your are looking for accommodation with a slightly unusual interior design.
Breakfast is Ok could be a little bit more wider selection. Not tried the sauna.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple